Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to lmckee000
Default sueing fun finder? lemon law? anyone done it?

We bought a new fun finder 230ds in 2008...it has leaked from both slides and now around door since new....been in both dealer and manufacturer for repairs more than 3 times and more than 4 months total...still leaking...all they want to do is try to fix it...2 years and still cant...we are ready to sue to make them buy it back...anyone had any experience with this ? lemon laws regarding rv's?? we are in indiana
help............................

lmckee000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #2

Default class action

matbe a class action law suit would be better their is enough of us around

Saltynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #3

I don't think I'm at the point of sueing yet but....

Just out of curiosity, do you know where are your slides leaking? We had our 230ds out this April in the pouring rain and had half of it inside. On both sides of the bedroom slide and the window over the bedroom dresser. What have they tried to fix?
WarpathEngineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #4

C'mon guys you're scaring the pants' off of me. It's raning right now and I have the slides in the 230 open. I just went out to check it and it is as dry as can be.

It would be interesting to know exactly where your leaks are. I had a 2004 189FBS that had a leak caused by not caulking the running lights. I thought I had a handle on the care of my TT, would have never of thought to check the lights on top in front.
qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #5

Default 600 hits wow

Your topic got 600 views, Lots of intrest on sueing?
Saltynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtla9111
C'mon guys you're scaring the pants' off of me. It's raning right now and I have the slides in the 230 open. I just went out to check it and it is as dry as can be.

It would be interesting to know exactly where your leaks are. I had a 2004 189FBS that had a leak caused by not caulking the running lights. I thought I had a handle on the care of my TT, would have never of thought to check the lights on top in front.
qtla9111,

I think mine is casued by the two corner strips that are caulked to the bottom of the slide running perpendicular to the camper wall. The day we had ours out it was pouring outside and we actually had running, not dripping water at the end of the slide out on both sides of the bed. I went outside to find the water streaming down the sides of the bedroom slide out and hitting the corner strips at the bottom where dummy me, I didn't think to check the caulking before we took the camper out. I think they were acting as funnels. I used the handyman's secret weapon to seal it up as best I could but it only slowed it down to a drip. We spent the next 3 days (it rained the whole time) sleeping in the retracted slide out. That trip was in early April and it hasn't really stopped raining long enough for me to fix it.

WarpathEngineering is offline   Reply With Quote