Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #1

Default T-139 stationary front window

Just purchased an '05 T-139. I am concerned that there will not be adequate ventilation for the sleeping area since the front window doesn't open. Has anyone experienced a problem with this, or do the side windows provide enough ventilation?

Would it be feasable to replace the window with one that opens?

Thanks for any advice!

TCB139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Site Team

In my limited experience the side windows are fine for ventilation especially if you use the fan in the roof. However, I just bought my first ever trailer in October so I only have a few trips to base that assessment on.

I don't know if it's possible to replace the front window with a sliding one or not. Does you trailer have the panel that closes over the window during travel? If so it might not work with a different window.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #3

You will have more than enough ventilation from the side windows. If after a couple trips you feel you need more. Add a fantastic fan to the top vents and be done with it.

I would leave it alone. That area of the trailer gets battered with the most wind and rain when you are traveling, which is why it tends to leak the most (even with the cover down).
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 AM   #4

Hi.....and HELP!!....I'm Jean.......TCB's other half. We can't put a fan on the ceiling of our new (used) camper because of the air-conditioner. I'm just really worried that we'll feel stuffed in there without more open windows. I LOVE fresh air and hearing the outdoor sounds. We're retired and have had numerous campers throughout the years. The first thing we usually do when setting up camp is to open all the windows and enjoy the great outdoors. The thought of being in there with a big closed window that doesn't open is really bothering me. What have others found??? Maybe we made a mistake in buying this camper. Yikes.
TCB139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #5

First off. GO CAMPING FIRST...stop sweating the small stuff and go enjoy your trailer. You haven't even used it and you're already having buyer's remorse.

Second.. Is this your first small trailer?

Third..."enjoy the great "out"doors"<<<<what you said...

I don't know about anyone else, but the only time I spend in the trailer is sleeping, and if I leave my windows open at night my furnace would be running constantly. Or course I live & camp in the Rockies.

BTW.. you would have a really hard time finding a trailer with a front window that opens. Most new trailers don't even have that window because of the typical issues it causes. Just take a look at the Class C's running around now, no top window (that used to be the best seat in the house).

You will see that you will get a decent cross breeze through the side windows.

At any rate... Since you already have the trailer, get out an enjoy it, then decide if it needs "fixing" or upgrading.[/quote]
Old 05-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #6

Default Plenty of Ventilation!

We have a 2006 T-139 with the fixed window and we can assure you there is plenty of ventilation. Since you have the air conditioner, you probably have a fan only setting to provide for additional air movement. If the bunk is up in its stowed position you'll have plenty of moving air from the fan setting. It's really not an issue. Enjoy!
kegbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #7

I myself have wished that darned window opened. The only time it was an issue was in an RV park in Reno in August. But even then, it cooled down enough to sleep...

And that A/C is so loud, and with the X-139, the trailer is too small to get away from the loud A/C.