Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
sam

Default Tank heaters

Has anyone installed tank heaters on there units? Planning on buying the x210wbs but need to use it in the winter. Will wrap the pipes,use heaters inside etc. Info appreciated.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #2

I did install heaters on my tanks and also liquid nailed that pink insulation board to the ply wood floor under the trailer. and on the exposed metal wheel wells under the sink and the dinnet. It has helped alot even in the summer but you may want to put some of that plastic stuff they make for insulatiing windows on your windows and get something that will absorb the moister in the air in side the trailer. My windows get soaking wet at night durring the summer and then it runs down the inside walls .

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
sam

Default queball110

queball110

Thanks for the info. The x210wbs is the way i will probable go and makes necessary mods. Just hope this piece of junk 07 GMC Yukon can tow it. Has all the towing gear etc, rated for for 7200# but that is probable on flat ground with a tail wind and 1 passenger. I'm interested to see what folks say about the wiring.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #4

Default Re: queball110

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam
queball110

Thanks for the info. The x210wbs is the way i will probable go and makes necessary mods. Just hope this piece of junk 07 GMC Yukon can tow it. Has all the towing gear etc, rated for for 7200# but that is probable on flat ground with a tail wind and 1 passenger. I'm interested to see what folks say about the wiring.
Now the nice thing is with the 210 and bigger models with the slightly wider body the floor is already insulated they actully screw down a plywood floor then ontop of that an aluminum frame with that plasic sheets then insulation and then another layer of plywood then the viynal floor. check out this video it shows them building the trailer gives you a better undrstanding of the floor.

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #5

Default Tank Heaters

For those who have installed tank heaters - did you have to upgrade your converter? I have a 2011 Funfinder 215 WSK and would like to put tank heaters on so I can use my rig beyond October (I live in Maryland - waiting on winter to hit us hard again soon!!)

I was thinking of purchasing everything from UltraHeat and having local dealer install. Let me know what you think!!
gclanzy is offline   Reply With Quote