Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #1

Default Television

I have a 2013 244RB can someone please explain in detail how television is suppose to work? I know the antenna has a booster, and antenna must be extended all the way up for it to work. I have no book on the unit so must figure it out as I go. Thanks in advance

pg7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #2

do a channel scan. That will get you all the channels in the area. Google you tv model number and there will be instructions on how to do it

dennis smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #3

Our 2014 215WSK came with a "Proscan". POS. Won't tune channels. I've verified with other equipment that I am getting a STRONG signal on the wire.

I am not even gonna try getting it warranteed. Just gonna replace it with a good late model Sony, Samsung, or Visio that has all of the "Smart TV" options and be done with it...
WSKinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:12 AM   #4

Push the button on the power outlet that your TV is plugged into, that will turn on the booster. A Red light should then come on next to the plug in the wall. You won't get much of anything without the booster.
The Proscan we have is a great TV. Once you scan the channels (On Antenna mode, NOT Cable) you get many channels, depending on your location.
The Proscan TV's have the same panel manufacturer as Sony and Samsung, and actually have a better processor than a Sony. Getting a Smart TV is of no use in a camper, unless you have a router installed and can hook up to the campgrounds WiFi network.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:29 AM   #5

"Press the button..." Yep. Done That... Red light on... TV says "No Input"

Hook up any other device for tuning - BIG signal detected. Proscan=fail. Sorry, my opinion. I do suspect the camper dealer swapped it from another camper during the year it sat on their lot, but I'm not gonna go there with them. We're just going to upgrade and forget about it.

A new TV with "Smart TV" functions will allow us to stream directly to the TV rather than through our phones, so for us, replacing with a better unit is a win-win.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #6

Is your TV set to OTA or Antenna for input choice, rather than Cable TV input?
Is you co-axe cable connected from the TV to the antenna output on your camper or to the cable/satellite connection ?

Please explain how you can stream internet based "Smart TV" apps such as Netflix through an antenna connection without a Wi-Fi router or internet connection.
Would be interested to know how you do it.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #7

I did not say that... [although, I agree, THAT would be something!] Also, the cabling is as delivered, and the OTA signal did work at the time of delivery. It is also working now to devices other than the Proscan TV.

The Proscan is a 'dumb' TV - inputs for video, antennae, HDMI. To get Internet content to it, we have to use a Chromecast in one of the HDMI ports. To use the Chromecast, you have to have a wifi router. For that, we use a cell phone as a hotspot. Then we select Netflix, YouTube, etc. on the phone and stream it to the Chromecast - double duty for the phone.

If we got a smart TV, then IT would be the controller for Netflix, YouTube, etc., simply pulling from the wifi router (the TV has wifi builtin, so no need for the Chromecast). So the phone only acts as a wifi hotspot.

In *addition* to adding this functionality over the Proscan, we would *also* get a TV that actually works when trying to pull in OTA through the antennae (i.e. NOT Internet stuff).
Old 05-13-2015, 08:29 AM   #8

Got it. Phone is your internet connection. Hope you have a large data allowance with your phone carrier.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:32 AM   #9

Oh, man, don't get me started on that... LOL