Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #1

Default Things not right

We just took delivery of our brand new 2008 Fun Finder X 250 BHS. once we got it home and started trying things out I noticed the outside speakers did not work, one on the inside did not work either. I removed the interior speaker to find the wire just hanging there, it was not even stripped on the end. I removed the radio to find one of the exterior speaker wires just laying there. The third speaker wire cannot be found.I had to fish the fire through the walls. I brought in our flat panel and hooked it to the antenna and the TV cant find even one channel, however with a $10 pair of cheap rabbit ears from WalMart in the same location I get 10 channels. I fear this too is not connected properly in the wall.

The unit is under warranty but taking it back to the dealer leads me to think it would be handled like brain surgery performed with a jackhammer. I would probably have more unseen damage than if I just accepted the issue.

Outther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #2

Default Take It Back for Repairs!

If your dealer is like mine, they were amazing at correcting the initial manufacturing problems I had with mine. And, they did it without any damage. When I had a leak in the bathroom they had to pull out the walls to allow it to dry before repairs. When it was completed I couldn't tell that it had ever been touched. They even took extra time to touch up certain things the manufacturer didn't do! I encourage you to give your dealer a try as it's the first place t o go for your warranty work. The dealer will contact Cruiser RV if they need any assistance. Hope this helps.

kegbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #3

OK, I do not expect the same here!

I sent an email to Cruiser RV and I have had a zero response. I am sure I wont get a reply and the fix of my unit will follow suit!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #4

Still no reply from Cruiser, it gives me great comfort knowing my warranty is with them. If I run into real problems can I expect the same response?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #5

Default Beware - The FunFinder is poorly built

Hello,
We spent years saving our money to buy a travel trailer. Being first time buyers, we decided to buy a brand new trailer so we would not have any problems.
We bought a 2009 16 ft trailer that had so many problems, just for the simple reason that someone at the factory assembled it wrong or incomplete.
Every time we took the trailer out on a camping trip, we discovered a new problem. The biggest problem was the clean water tank leaked for weeks because someone did not install a small wooden brace to hold the water tank in place. The water tank moved during our first camping trip and disconnected a hose that leaked water all over the inside of our brand new trailer. It was raining for weeks so we thought it was the rain coming out of the rear end of our trailer. The rain stopped and we discovered the water leak problem. The list goes on and on.

When we bought the trailer, the mechanic at the dealer could not install the brake lights and had our Nissan Pathfinder for two days. We finally took it to our own mechanic to get the problem fixed. What a nightmare...

We're very happy to have this forum to help us with our FunFinder trailer.
donkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #6

We took it out on its first trip this last weekend and found a few more things. The sink in the bathroom leaked.

The front vent cap is broken, you could not see it unless it was raised. I want to replace it but I have no idea who makes it. I have even climbed on the roof and no markings anywhere.

The out side shower does not work and I cannot figure that one out, there is water at the faucet beacuse it leaks.

There is a spot in front of the stove where the floor is soft and you can see in the vinyl that it is where the plywood sheets meet. Looks unsupported.

I think mine was made on a Friday or Monday.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outther
We took it out on its first trip this last weekend and found a few more things. The sink in the bathroom leaked.

The front vent cap is broken, you could not see it unless it was raised. I want to replace it but I have no idea who makes it. I have even climbed on the roof and no markings anywhere.

The out side shower does not work and I cannot figure that one out, there is water at the faucet beacuse it leaks.

There is a spot in front of the stove where the floor is soft and you can see in the vinyl that it is where the plywood sheets meet. Looks unsupported.

I think mine was made on a Friday or Monday.

Welcome to the fun finder of **** owners lol. you sound like your as happy with your fun finder as i am with mine. my outside shower didn't work when i first got it neither and the dealer fixed it all they could tell me was the moved the T splice to a different location on the supply line. My floor is also very moo shy after only having it 4 years. i feel like if i weighed any more id go right threw the spot in front of the stove. both my sinks leaked my front window leaked all my decals are curling up and peeling off. I dont think id ever buy another fun finder. not to mention that since i bought it its lost almost 8 grand in value. so im stuck with it i have no chance in trading it in.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #8

Default fun finder problems

Hey queball

my 189 is a 07 and I have had it 3 months shy of 4 years,made july 31 06.My vent also fell apart and I got a replacement at the r v place where I store it.Figured it was the hot ariz sun.The front and back decals curled badly so I took them off using wd 40 and a razor blade scraper. When the molding came off of the table and the side molding came off ,I used brads the put it back on.
my trailer does not have the front window and has no leakes.Luckily all the expensive stuff works.I also replaced the thermostat and the TV.Oh ya the radio ant broke off

RWDIII
RWD lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #9

These trailers are very poorly made. They fall apart and leak. After spending thousands to fix the damage caused by what the repair guy said was poor workmanship and design issues. He said it's been leaking since day one. No response from CruiserRV either. It will be my last one from this manufacturer.

I have had every issue you guys have had and more. This manufacturer should use bright yellow siding instead!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #10

I am also getting this! I am just waiting for the next thing to break or pop up issue.

I too emailed Cruiser using there "Contact Us" feature and too have been ignored. I should notify the Better Business Bureau.

BBB gives them an A and they have only one BBB complaint, it was resolved administratively as it is listed.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #11

Default Re: fun finder problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD lll
Hey queball

my 189 is a 07 and I have had it 3 months shy of 4 years,made july 31 06.My vent also fell apart and I got a replacement at the r v place where I store it.Figured it was the hot ariz sun.The front and back decals curled badly so I took them off using wd 40 and a razor blade scraper. When the molding came off of the table and the side molding came off ,I used brads the put it back on.
my trailer does not have the front window and has no leakes.Luckily all the expensive stuff works.I also replaced the thermostat and the TV.Oh ya the radio ant broke off

RWDIII
Yeah i noticed my radio antenna is only half there now too. I called Cruiser their going to send me decals for a 2010 model for like 25 bucks i just hope i can get them all even when i put them on they look better then the older ones any how. As far as my vents i put them vent covers over them and never have had a problem with them breaking I also had to redo the coax cable in the trailer too cuz i couldnt get a signal from the out side trail park plug come to find out when the put the ends on the cables hey didn't seperate the 2 wires so they were all grounding out and couldnt send the signal threw the cable, Ive had to replace my water pump too. and the furnace thermostat.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:15 AM   #12

Outther,

I have taken your suggestion and filed a complaint with the BBB. It's time to stop being passive about poor quality and take some actions. If we don't nothing will ever come of it. Now they are not a member of BBB, but that doesn't matter. I would encourage all who have a complaint to do the same.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:05 AM   #13

Good to hear it Gator,

I am going to make a punch list of things not right and take it back to the dealer over the winter and let him handle it under the warrenty. We also opted for the extended warrenty for an additional 5 years.

I to would probabbly not buy another trailer from this manufacturer and I have only had it a month. I cant imagine what I will think of it after a year or two.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #14

Dam ! I must be lucky.
I bought my 2007 189fbs 3/08 Had it shipped from IN sight unseen and took 2 5,000 mile trips from ny to nm and back total towing 15,000 miles to date and not one problem ?
All I did is lube the bearings every year.
Tows like a dream tires wearing great.
2017 Keystone Summerland 1750RD
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #15

ditto for me. 2009 189fbs. many thousands of miles with little or no trouble. i had some minor cosmetic things that certainly could have been done better, but when i see the litany of leak and electrical problems mentioned here, i am also very thankful. i believe funfinder needs to hear from the dissatisfied so that they can address quality control items if necessary. there are some lemons getting through on the assembly line, but when you read about funfinder owners on other sites vis a vis skp's website, the comments are largely favorable.

i found similar on the aliner owners website when i owned one. you heard from those who were having problems, but the vast number of owners were the silent majority. people reading the website only saw complaints about the unit, and started to ask if the product was generally flawed. there was then a stream of satisfied owners checked in to state they were entirely satisfied.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #16

Spoke with the techs at my Funfinder dealership today. They agreed that there were some leakage problems in the '07 models and identified the wheel well issue. They handle several lines of RV at this shop and they told me that every manufacturer will have problems from time to time. It matters not how prestigious the model is. They have a policy at this dealership pertaining to PDI's (Pre Delivery Inspections). If a particular model of trailer shows up with a specific problem on three occasions, e.g. leaks or poor wiring or whatever, these technicians enter this as an alert on all future PDI'S. So before a trailer is turned over they inspect that specific issue to ensure it is not a problem. They mentioned that more problems tend to surface on start up. As an example, when Cruisers intoduced the FF model, there were some issues the first year or two, then diminished. I am told that the '08 and '09 models have been virtually trouble free according to this bunch. So if you have a dealership that was not on top of these things and fixed them prior to delivery, the customer would be victimized.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #17

My sympathy to the owners with the nightmare problems. I can't understand how some of this stuff made it out of the factory. Sombody was asleep!

Personally, my 2009 189fds has been pretty much free of factory screwups. True, the slide leaked (corrected by the dealer on the second visit), and the brake pigtail hung down inside the wheel and wore the letters off the tire sidewall before I spotted it, but the one that really burned me was losing the electrical system in the middle of backwoods Colorado because of a loose wire. Actually, the problem was pretty simple to fix with a service call from a very competent local RV mechanic. The part that fries me is that Cruiser WILL NOT pay for service calls, unless, of course, you have a broken axle in the fast lane of an interstate.

I believe Funfinders are decent trailers for the money, but it does sound like the factory has an occasional hiccup. New owners need to check everything before the first long trip.
Patient and understanding wife
dlhilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #18

Oh I found more, there are 2 blue drainage pipes out the backside of the unit for something, they were inside the black plastic so what ever they drain would have drained into the insulation under the unit. My black water is 100% empty (this is how I found the blue drainage pipes) but the level meter says 1/3 full. I got under the unit and checked the tank, nothing in it.

The window over the dining table needs great force to open, once you actually get it open the screen falls off the track due to the window was installed out of it's square. I would swear this thing was built by clowns.

The main door took great pull force to open and close due to not being adjusted properly. I adjusted the catch plate to its maximum and greased the hasp and catch plate and that helped some.

My two front storage doors cant be locked, the lock catch is not deep enough to catch the edge. Every time I take the unit out I find more. I cant wait for winter camping to see how the furnace works.

This check sheet with all the QC names and check boxes was for comedic value only, it is worthless! I am sure other entry level companies are just as bad. I think a test drive should be allowed before buying. It is impossible to check all this stuff during the buying process. In the buying process you are run thru a quick look over, you need a home inspection on your RV like when I buy a home.

I might have found a nitch job here, RV Inspector!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #19

Yep, well as mentioned previously, dealers are SUPPOSED to conduct a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection). According to my dealer techs, glitches on new units are very common. The trick is to intercept them before the customer. It looks to me like some dealerships are overlooking this vital process, and causing a lot of dissatisfaction and bad press for Funfinder. It is a sad commentary on RV builders that they themselves do not practise much quality control. When you combine that with a neglectful dealer, you get a piece of junk hitting the road.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #20

We even pointed out a few things that did not get addressed. One shop guy commented it was his lunch hour! I was not amused and grabbed my hitch out of his hand and proceeded toward the door, then he lamented and decided to assist.

Quality is a thing of the past and shotty workmanship should be expected!