Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-29-2022, 08:25 PM   #1

Default Time for tires

Hey folks,
It's time for new tires. Any recommendations for new tires without paying through the nose?
I will take the tires off and get the new ones mounted.
Our local place does not sell tires but can mount them.
Thanks all.

Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:55 PM   #2

I like my Endurance tires, but they are very expensive.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:35 AM   #3

Seems strange that a shop has the capability to mount tires but doesn’t sell them. Perhaps they only do repairs.
This is just my opinion (and worth what you pay for it ) but buying tires one place and having them installed at another pretty much negates the possibility of making any warranty claims. Regardless of whether one gets expensive “brand name” tires or less expensive “off brand” tires, consider having them mounted AND balanced by the seller. That way there’s, at least, some level of recourse if problems occur. It can definitely be one of those “pay a bit more now or a lot more later” situations.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:05 PM   #4

I am running Carlisle on my 210 they have 4 years on them. No problems. Not expensive.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 11:09 AM   #5

I have the Karrier Loadstar on my FF x160. Fifth season and in great shape. Very reasonable price

2007 Fun Finder X160
2009 Toyota Venza V6 AWD
qcCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 01:16 PM   #6

I run light truck tires. You can run above the 65mph limit on most trailer tires and they run a lot better. But IMO you get what pay for.
gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:49 PM   #7

I also go with the made in the USA Goodyear Endurance trailer tires on our ‘09 189FBS.

Tires track straight with no bounce at 65 psi with no wandering.

With how much we have riding on our trailer tires — I would encourage no skimping to save $100 to $150.

Also, I buy mine from America’s Tire or Discount Tire (same company).

Service and guarantee before and after the sale are exceptional. Rotation, flat repair, checking, all included at no extra charge — and plenty of stores, nationwide.

Plus, they will price match anyone — no questions.

Anytime another company does the mounting and balancing — and there is an issue — both companies will blame the other — and you end up paying again.

I might go cheap on a dish rack or a sofa cover — but never on tires.

Best, Fred
foakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:58 PM   #8

Also, I buy mine from America’s Tire or Discount Tire (same company).

I'll second that, been dealing with Discount since the '80s. They have always gone above and beyond.

Best, Fred[/QUOTE]
Pcola10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 11:24 PM   #9

Carlisles on my 2010 189FBR. Had them for 3 years now and still look new. Bought them at discount tire for under $70 each mounted. I'm sure they are more now, but what isn't. Also, it is recommended that you replace trailer tires every 6 years, so if your not putting a lot of miles on your trailer, like me, it makes more sense not to put expensive tires on the trailer when its sitting most of the time in the driveway.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 07:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVan View Post
Seems strange that a shop has the capability to mount tires but doesn’t sell them. Perhaps they only do repairs.
This is just my opinion (and worth what you pay for it ) but buying tires one place and having them installed at another pretty much negates the possibility of making any warranty claims. Regardless of whether one gets expensive “brand name” tires or less expensive “off brand” tires, consider having them mounted AND balanced by the seller. That way there’s, at least, some level of recourse if problems occur. It can definitely be one of those “pay a bit more now or a lot more later” situations.
Maybe things have changed but when I worked in a tire store in 70's - there was never a question of where or who installed the tire on the rim. The only thing that mattered was the tire brand, size and problem with the tire.
Old 08-27-2022, 07:29 AM   #11

I run Goodyear Endurance tires - a huge upgrade from the China tires that came on the unit from the factory.