Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #1

Default Toilet pressure side leak 2010 FBR 189

Just hooked up the 2010 FBR 189 FF after a nearly 2 year hiatus of no use due to illness..(Winterized November 2016). So I have rinsed/ flushed out antifreeze and lines Filled water tank to 1/2 full. Ran pump.. Hardly any water coming through lines, spitting out about 1/4 flow.. Then I found a good sized leak spraying at the back of toilet. Need advice on the leaking toilet at the connection from the pex hose to the male fitting on the flush unit.Is there maybe an o-ring that is supposed to be on the female connection side? Could be leaking there ...Or is this a matter of replacing the flush unit module. I can't make out exactly where the water is leaking from because it is hidden at back of toilet seat..(fast dripping when under pressure.). I'm going to guess this is why I have very little flow and air spitting from sink faucets. I think this is Thetford toilet so will probably replace module. Any advice?? I want to get the camper back out camping this next week (finally). Sorry for long post..

poolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #2

UPDATE TONIGHT!
I bought a new toilet flush module, removed toilet (5 minute job) and installed module, reinstalled toilet and voila...No more leaks. The simplest repair I have ever done. However I still have very limited water pressure. It didn't fix that. It is still spitting air/water out of the sinks faucets. Obviously have a suction side leak where air is being sucked in. Does anyone have an idea of where to look? I will post photos tonight of the system. Thanks

Old 09-13-2018, 08:07 PM   #3

Old 09-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #4

Default Spitting water and air

I have just filled the water tank 1/3 full but faucets still spitting air and gurgling as it must be sucking in air somewhere. 2010 FF 189 FBR. Has anyone had this problem? It worked fine in November 2016 when last used.Hoses in sight all look good. Puzzling.
Attached Thumbnails
spitwatr.jpg   20180913_193345.jpg  
Old 09-14-2018, 08:56 AM   #5
Site Team

The only thing that comes to mind is that one of the winterizing valves isn't closed completely. Or maybe defective?
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #6

Another thought ... did you properly secure the low point drain caps as maybe air is entering the system from them ... just a thought.

?
Old 09-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #7

LJAZ - And EAGLE : All valves were positioned correct. I didn't find any "winterizing valve" unless you meant the lower drain valve which I double checked. I ended up having to fill the water tank to the 2/3 level and then the water faucet finally quit spitting air. The positioning of the intake hose in the tank might be above the level it should be, causing it to suck air. I can't see inside of there so I will never know. But it works for the trip. Thanks for the hints.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:21 AM   #8

Both hot & cold water? Just a reminder, if it's been empty, the hot water faucet will sputter forever while the pump works to fill up the water heater. As for cold, it shouldn't sputter very long until pressurized. Just double-check that the bypass valve (from your winterization) is closed-otherwise it's just sucking air.

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote