Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 07:59 AM   #21
Site Team

You don't need - or want - to cut off the refridgerator fan. That fan should only come on when needed, so turning it off will result in poor fridge performance. To turn off the door seal heater or "climate control" as Dometic calls there will be switch under the bottom edge of the control panel. It's a tiny rocker switch recessed into the panel and that little bugger is tough is find if you don't know where to look. Run your hand along the bottom of the control panel edge and you should find it. The manual shows it towards the middle, but mine was over on the right hand side.

And congrats on getting the Dometic. Clearly they haven't worked all the bugs out of those Helium units. Dometic has been making absorbtion fridges for about 100 years so they are pretty reliable. I've had zero problems with mine.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #22

THANK YOU for the info on that switch! I am so looking forward to getting the dang trailer back and checking out the new fridge.

You guys will be the first to see it (including the 2nd repair job on the roof...you can tell me if it's good enough or if I need to find someone else to do it properly).

Been in the shop 3 weeks today.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #23

I'll be curious to see if your new fridge has the switch to turn off the "climate control". Mine does not have that switch.
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #24

I just emailed dealer about the window (that's the hold up). He HOPES that it ships this week! Jeesh.

I need to get up there to grab some stuff I left, so I'll peek at the fridge in the next day or so.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:50 AM   #25

I sent Dometic an email about the climate control system and turning it off on the 2662 model. Here is the reply (quick reply - like <10 minutes!)

[/img]
Old 08-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #26

I'll take the panel off later to see if it's "under" the panel. On mine, you can't see it from the outside.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #27

It will be interesting to see what your new fridge control panel looks like. I just took mine completely off, and there is no such switch. I also looked in the manual at the schematic, and it does not show a separate switch for it. It shows that heater coil as being wired through the switch that controls the lamp inside the fridge. So mine is wired such that heater coil is only "on" when the lamp is on ( door open ).
Could be they have made a running change in the years since my fridge was built.
I also agree that you would not want to disable the fan in the back compartment. That is a vital part of expelling heat from the rear compartment. In the install manual there is a note regarding that, and in capital letters, they note you MUST have that fan in place. Potential fire hazard without it ???