Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #1

Default water damage

I have gathered some useful info and will pass some on. camper purchased new in 2008 but was a 2006 model. First night out it rained and water filled a light by the queen bed and all over the bathroom floor. At first chance found out the bathroom vent had a drain hole clearly marked front and rear. It was backwards allowing water to enter when moving forward in the rain. Turned around and sealed with eternabond. Also found leak at front seam and sealed with eternabond on the front seam. No inside damage was seen. Fast forward 3 years and now evidence of leaks until arriving at destination and seeing front filon cap dented in. Cut out eternabond area and saw no damage on front seam but after pulling or the side moulding found front three screw holes and been drilled and NO SCREWS installed. Water went through vinyl insert and right into the holes. The unicor backing on the filon was ruined and it lost its ability to hold it shape. Water also wicked up and ruined small part of luan roof. there is still no evidence of damage inside the camper. Also found out that the front moulding had never made contact with aluminum crossmember, only the thin luan and styrofoam insulation. Once the front was removed i noticed no insulation at all in almost the entire front end ,two pieces was all.. We had enjoyed this camper but never knew how poor quality control was. So far every issue has been install related not design. please do yourself a favor even if you dont notice damage pull off every moulding check for missing or rusted screws, you will find many. I feel if you pull the mouldings reseal all seams not taking anything for granted you will be better off. I will post pics if i can figure it out . I have other problems which i will post in a less wordy post . thanks Thomas.
t-bone is offline   Reply With Quote