Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #1

Default Water Drain Low Points

I've owned several trailers, and there was always a out side "low point" to drain water from the system, usually capped with red & blue threaded caps to identify them.

I cannot find anything like it underneath my 2011 FFx 214WDS.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #2

All the funfinders that I have seen do not have the screw off caps. My 210 WBS has its low drain point valves next to the hot water heater you just pull up on the rings and they drain. Your hot water heater appears to be under the sink in the bathroom so maybe they are there.

Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citycamper
All the funfinders that I have seen do not have the screw off caps. My 210 WBS has its low drain point valves next to the hot water heater you just pull up on the rings and they drain. Your hot water heater appears to be under the sink in the bathroom so maybe they are there.
Thanks. I will go search further. I think my HW tank is behind a panel below the pantry cupboards.

Thanks again.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #4

on my 2012 189FDS, the low point drains are under the trailer, on the street side. But, you can't see them easily by just looking under the trailer, because they are tucked up "inside" the main frame rail on that side. I have to lay on my back all the way under the trailer, then look up to the frame rail, and can see and reach them ( right under where the HW heater is ).
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #5

They are easy to see/access under my XT 276 and are located
under the camper, between the water storage tank and the front axle near the center of the camper.

The caps are BLACK with one on a red (hot) water line and one on a blue (cold) water line.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:44 AM   #6

I found them! The low water drains were indeed underneath, but tucked up next to the skirt, but on the opposite side as the hot water tank and all the other water stuff. Basically, underneath the shower. They were both black, but on disconnecting they had red & blue rings on the lines indicating which was which.

They were hard to spot, and difficult to get a grip on to undue. Too bad they weren't extended just a few more inches to hang down further for easier access.

At least I know where they are now!

Total winterizing took me about a 1/2 hour! Easy enough.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #7

On our 210UDS (2014) the red and blue drains are under the shower in the back street corner of the trailer.
Kevin & Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:49 AM   #8
roy

Fwiw undoing the 'low' point (not the lowest point) on a xt276 does not get all the water out. Removing first before blowing air through the system will help but there's still a good bit of water left in the system. Adding the caps back in after draining then compressing the system with air will remove the remaining water through the faucets. Cruiser apparently does not know or care where they put the 'low' point drains.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote