Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #1

Default Water filter

Our W210 came with a water filter just sitting in one of the drawers and for the life of me I can't figure out where to attach it. I says "Hydro Life water Filter" and has screw inserts on both ends. Will not fit a hose end and will not fit where the hose screws into the trailer. Everything under the counter is crimped plastic pipe with not way to connect to anything. Anybody install one of these things in their camper?

Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #2

Your filter is used to filter incomg water from the campsite hookup - attach it to your hose from the campsite hydrant. Some campsites have well water with little or no conditioning, others are city water and may need no filtering at all.

eplater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
Site Team

It may be a replacement cartridge and you are missing the rest of the apparatus that does connect into the water system. Something like this maybe:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...lter-kit/16010
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #4

We have a 189FBS and the filter is under the lavy. Also included was a piece of hose, which is used to replace the filter. I'd bet the factory installed the hose, vs the filter.

Look for your city water connection, and then go inside your rig and look for the filter very close to that connection. It may be behind a removable panel.

hth, Ron
rondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #5

Default water water filter

Your incoming water pressure may drop when you install the filter. Ours was reduced to the extent that there was not enough pressure to have a shower. We now buy water for drinking.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #6

Default Re: water water filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugelboneman
Your incoming water pressure may drop when you install the filter. Ours was reduced to the extent that there was not enough pressure to have a shower. We now buy water for drinking.
I use a PUR water filtering pitcher for drinking. Can purchase at most box stores for about $25.
No pets - Sponser Child https://www.childfund.org
gheicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #7

Took the panel off to get at the pump for the winterization, there are lots of screw on connectors in there but nothing will fit the filter. Went back to the dealer and looked at another W210, same deal, filter is sitting in a drawer with no extra connectors with it. He is at a loss to explain how to hook it up or where it goes. Another dealer in the area has the filter that goes on the outside hose, will get one for next year.
Thanks for all who responded

Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:50 AM   #8

Sorry to hear it.

Mine is under the seat storage at the dining table. You disconnect the the 8 inch or so tube and replace it with the filter.
Outther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:17 AM   #9

many RV dealers state that it's a must to hook up a water pressure valve at the camsite water spicket. Too much pressure may blow a line down the road. I have notice when hooking up the pressure valave and the outside water filter, we barely have enough preesure to flush the toilet. So now it's the filter or the pressure valve and I think the valve will win
starbuc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #10

Default water filter

You can purchase a water pressure regulator that will increase the pressure into your trailer safely. It is about 5 lbs more (45 psi) than the once that comes with your trailer. They are a bit pricey. The stock item is about $10.00 and the after market item is about $350-$40.00. It is well worth it to iimprove the quality of your shower and general water flow, yet they are still safe. The cheaper one can also become clogged which further reduces water flow.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #11

Default water purifier

correction on my last post for cost of aftermarket water pressure regulator. It should read $35 to $40, not $350
Old 11-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #12

In response to Citycamper; I found a filter much like the one shown on the website referred to by LJAZ in the compartment below our TV in our 2010 210 WBS. It is installed in line of the city water connection, I nearly missed it as it was covered with a jumble of pipes and wires. This is the same compartment that holds the water pump and hose for the outside shower.

We are new to trailer camping and have only used our Funfinder a few times and always in parks with city water. We have not experienced the water pressure difficulties expressed by some here. Taking into consideration the hap-hazard way the pipes are stuffed into the trailer, the low water pressure may be a result of a kinked hose....just a thought.

Honda Ridgeline
bobandmuriel is offline   Reply With Quote