Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #1

Default Water pump in our XT245 toy hauler

When I run the taps and shower the water pump gets very noisy and starts spitting air. I've checked all the connections, everything seems tight but air still gets in to the suction side of the pump somehow. There is an anti freeze intake hooked up so I removed this, now the pump pulls directly from the tank. Still does it. If we hook up to the house pressure the air soon blows out and works fine. Any ideas?

Old 08-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #2

Are you sure it isn't just the pulsating of the el-cheapo waterpump? At least it is with ours. We have a new 2011 189FBS and the pump is very noisy and will come on every 30 seconds with no water draw. If you are getting air in the lines, it has to be at the suction end.

I bought one of these: http://tinyurl.com/2djtl7r and installed it just after the pump--with a flexible, braided hose (with FPT fittings on both ends) between the pump and the tank. The pump is now very quiet, more like a hum, and the water flow is very smooth. I too removed the antifreeze intake stuff. I just blow my lines for winterizing, and use antifreeze in the traps only.

hth, ron

rondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:19 AM   #3

Default Re: Water pump in our XT245 toy hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert55
When I run the taps and shower the water pump gets very noisy and starts spitting air. I've checked all the connections, everything seems tight but air still gets in to the suction side of the pump somehow. There is an anti freeze intake hooked up so I removed this, now the pump pulls directly from the tank. Still does it. If we hook up to the house pressure the air soon blows out and works fine. Any ideas?
Mine hasnt worked since the day i bought the trailer. in 2006 . it never shuts off and every time i took it back to the dealer while it was under warrante they said it was fine like im dumb enough to beleive it is suppose to run for hours or days after you turn the taps off
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote