Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2022, 04:11 PM   #1

Default Water pump suction side question

2009 FF X230DS. I thought the water pump was bad because I had "gurgly" water from the fresh water tank. I replaced it, (surprise) no change. So now I realize it must be a problem on the suction side. Other than the piece of hose which attaches to the pump and disappears into the floor how do I access the rest to repair?

Or if I'm totally on the wrong track, what track should I be on?

Thanks,
Jon

Beachseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 10:48 AM   #2

On mine, the suction line hose attaches to the side of the tank near the bottom of the tank, and is exposed and visible. If the connection is tight at the tank, then there may be a wear point between the tank and the pump where a hole has been worn in the hose.

atwowheelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:00 AM   #3

Ya, sounds like air is being drawn into the system. Check/recheck the connections between the tank and the pump. As mentioned, the short piece of tube between the tank and pump may be the source of the air draw. Lastly, the pump may be shot.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #4

hook up and make sure the pump is working.... put a hose on the side of the pump where the water goes in and check it. Other thing does your water tank still have water in it? If so and the pump is working you could have a problem like I did when the trailer was new. The problem was with the pick up tube in the fresh water tank was not sitting on the bottom and would not pick up the last 1/3 of the tank. I had to go buy 1 foot of hose and replace it from under the trailer. Easy fix. Maybe yours fell off and its sucking air or its just the shitty craftsmanship of shitty cruiser RV like mine was. Did it ever work?
Old 07-29-2022, 01:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynuts View Post
hook up and make sure the pump is working.... put a hose on the side of the pump where the water goes in and check it. Other thing does your water tank still have water in it? If so and the pump is working you could have a problem like I did when the trailer was new. The problem was with the pick up tube in the fresh water tank was not sitting on the bottom and would not pick up the last 1/3 of the tank. I had to go buy 1 foot of hose and replace it from under the trailer. Easy fix. Maybe yours fell off and its sucking air or its just the shitty craftsmanship of shitty cruiser RV like mine was. Did it ever work?
Those are darn harsh words from a Canadian especially since “sorry” was added at the end of the statement

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
Old 07-29-2022, 02:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVan View Post
Those are darn harsh words from a Canadian especially since “sorry” was added at the end of the statement
???? ya sorry for Cruser RV. WTF has Canadian got to do with it?
Old 07-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #7

Trace the pickup tube to the water tank under the trailer. It's unlikely that there is a hole in the tube. More likely that the connections are leaking or that the outlet of the tank is above the water level in the tank. If connections are held on by radiator clamps, try tightening them. Two questions to ask you: 1) is the tank completely filled? 2) did you always have this problem?
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynuts View Post
???? ya sorry for Cruser RV. WTF has Canadian got to do with it?
We’ll, I guess things, they are a changin’! There was a time when Canadians were thought to be a bit more “reserved”, with the non- Canadian joke of “sorry” being added as an afterthought when coarse language slipped into a conversation. My age is showing
P.S. to the related reply: correction, “especially since “sorry” WASN’T added at the end of the statement”

Old 08-17-2022, 02:56 PM   #9

I had this same issue. It was the hose itself. Changed hose all well. I put a bright light flashlight against hose and could see air bubbles in the hose a pinhole in line. Line is exposed under my 210 and it probably got hit by a rock.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 10:15 PM   #10

Beachseeker,
I was wondering if you found the problem? What was the cure?

dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water pump gurgle air