Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2021, 09:20 PM   #1

Default Where on earth is the disconnect switch for battery!

Very very new Fun Finder owner here. I apologize in advance for asking probably very simple questions.
Where on earth is the battery disconnect switch?
Purchased a winterized fun finder and trying to slowly familiarize ourselves with everything

Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:28 AM   #2

Year? Model?
They are usually on the panel with the other buttons and switches but sometimes they are in pass through compartment.
You are prob looking for a silver push/pull knob type switch.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:11 PM   #3

Welcome, Oxley! You know what they say -- the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Please don't be shy about asking for help -- we were all newbies once, and us old-timers enjoy helping newbies avoid our mistakes.

That is what really distinguishes this forum from many others -- everyone here is friendly and willing to help. Somehow, all of the abrasive folks you encounter elsewhere have decided not to get involved in our little club.

Anyway, where are you located? And where do you plan to travel?

One more thing about the push-pull knob -- pulled out means the battery is connected, and pushed in means it is not.

OK, one more thing -- because it is very easy to push it in accidentally (don't ask how I know this), I have put a cup hook onto the shaft of the push rod. When I really want to disconnect the battery, I take the hook off.

A very low-tech solution, but it works.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:57 PM   #4

Year and model of your Fun Finder will aid in getting the correct response.

On my XT276 it is located on the 'switch panel' just inside the door, left side where all the other switches are for the lights, tank levels, water pump, etc. It's silver knob push pull style switch.

I have mine in the 'pulled out' on position all the time - never found a reason to put it in the 'pushed in' off position.

Again -- please state the year and model of your unit.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:35 PM   #5

Eagle, I put it into the "disconnect" position when I am working directly with the battery (servicing it or removing it). I'm not sure that is necessary, but it couldn't hurt, right?
Old 02-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Year and model of your Fun Finder will aid in getting the correct response.

On my XT276 it is located on the 'switch panel' just inside the door, left side where all the other switches are for the lights, tank levels, water pump, etc. It's silver knob push pull style switch.

I have mine in the 'pulled out' on position all the time - never found a reason to put it in the 'pushed in' off position.

Again -- please state the year and model of your unit.
Thanks!
2007- shadow cruiser!
Old 02-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Welcome, Oxley! You know what they say -- the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Please don't be shy about asking for help -- we were all newbies once, and us old-timers enjoy helping newbies avoid our mistakes.

That is what really distinguishes this forum from many others -- everyone here is friendly and willing to help. Somehow, all of the abrasive folks you encounter elsewhere have decided not to get involved in our little club.

Anyway, where are you located? And where do you plan to travel?

One more thing about the push-pull knob -- pulled out means the battery is connected, and pushed in means it is not.

OK, one more thing -- because it is very easy to push it in accidentally (don't ask how I know this), I have put a cup hook onto the shaft of the push rod. When I really want to disconnect the battery, I take the hook off.

A very low-tech solution, but it works.
Vancouver ,BC, Canada!
We would like to visit
Sunshine coast
North end of Vancouver Island
The Interior of Bc
The Yukon
Banff/jasper area!
Old 02-20-2021, 08:33 AM   #8
Site Team

Some of the older models didn't have a disconnect switch, so that might be a possibility for a 2007. Also possible that a prior owner removed it.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:32 AM   #9

Oxley, you live in camping heaven! Congratulations. It takes us a week of driving just to get to your area. But here is a sample of what awaits you in the Canadian Rockies (probably you have already been there). This was taken at sunrise from our campsite in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, not too far from Banff:

Click For Full-Size Image.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:59 AM   #10

Ours is in the right front compartment and right in front of the wheel well .
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Eagle, I put it into the "disconnect" position when I am working directly with the battery (servicing it or removing it). I'm not sure that is necessary, but it couldn't hurt, right?
Probably wouldn't hurt - however, batteries are used to start every vehicle on the road and many stationary motors and farming equipment - and not a single one that I know of has a disconnect switch for the battery when servicing the battery or replacing it. Some people have added a battery disconnect switch to prevent theft or long term storage but not a common thing.

Therefore, I really don't understand the purpose of a disconnect switch in a camper.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:07 AM   #12

Like Eagle said, our 276 has the switch on the panel just inside the front door. In for disconnect out for power.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ View Post
Some of the older models didn't have a disconnect switch, so that might be a possibility for a 2007. Also possible that a prior owner removed it.
My 2007 FF x-160 doesn’t have a disconnect switch.

2007 Fun Finder X160
2009 Toyota Venza V6 AWD
qcCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:26 PM   #14

My 2010 189 doesn't have a disconnect switch. There is a fuse in an in-line fuse holder outside the battery box on the tongue, on the positive wire from the battery. You might have the same setup.
Rocky Mtn marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:27 PM   #15

On my 2010 XT-245 it's in the pass through storage accessed by the outside hatch on the left side of the camper near the front.
atwowheelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:46 PM   #16

I dont have a picture but what I did was use an old small plastic or glass jar. Take the lid off and make a hole in the top so the pull handle on your battery switch will fit through it. mount the lid over the switch and screw the bottom part of the jar over the lid. Now if anything shifts in your cargo hold it wont push the switch closed while driving. I guess it was to much for Cruser RV to figure out.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn marmot View Post
My 2010 189 doesn't have a disconnect switch. There is a fuse in an in-line fuse holder outside the battery box on the tongue, on the positive wire from the battery. You might have the same setup.
My unit has the shut off switch AND the in line fuse holder just outside the battery box on the tongue. The in line fuse holder is a flat apx 1" square with the flip to that holds a 'blade type' fuse. On my unit the in line fuse holder is a made of a green rubber or soft plastic type material.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:43 AM   #18

My ‘07 x210 has the “black box” in the center of the pass thru compartment BUT there is no switch on, in or even near it! Apparently, some models just don’t have the disconnect switch.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn marmot View Post
Are you sure because my 2010 189 has a diconnect switch in the storage pass-thru area under the bed. It's a pullout switch next to the light on the left side.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote