Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #1

Default Window replacement on a on a 189FDS

While backing through a RV gate, I scraped the passenger side of my TT. Ouch! I caught the front side trim and cut the aluminum frame on the window that is above the bed. Does any one know the window manufacturer for the 2011 model? The window frame is white. I'm fairly handy so I'm thinking about replacing it myself.

If you know the manufacture for the trim piece that covers the end cap and side, wall that would also be helpful.

Doylej001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #2

No idea on the manufacture, but the replacing is very easy. Take out all the screws on the inside and pry the window off from the outside. Clean off all the caulking and any seal that may be left on the trailer wall. Apply some butyl tape around the trailer, and install the new window. Caulk around the outside of the window and you got it made in the shade.
Offspring22 is offline   Reply With Quote