Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #1

Default Winterize 2007 x189fbs

I have reviewed all the posts I can find on winterizing my camper, however I can’t figure out how to drian the water tank or water lines. There are hoses sticking out from bottom but no caps or valves there. The water heater, fresh water tank and pump are under the bed. Pictures would be great if anyone can help. I also could not fiind any acces hose to water pump to pump antifreeze through system so I added it to fresh water inlet and pumped through system. Luckily there was only minimal water in the tank.

I did drain the hot water heater and bypass it.

It is getting to 17 tonight so fingers crissed that I did enough!

mlewis7789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #2

I just bought a 2009 189fbs and the low point drains are inside the passenger side of the front storage compartment. The fresh water tank has a petcock drain plug at the rear of the tank.

Kfalls189fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #3

We have exactly the same camper. Even the same year. The drain for the fresh water tank is on the front left corner under the bed. The drains for the water lines are on the left at the bottom of the kitchen cabinet. They are rings that you pull up to release the water. The water pump is behind the fresh water tank on the left and very hard to see. There is a clear vinyl hose coming out of the pump that you can put into your bottle of antifreeze. I put a mirror at the far back behind everything and it makes it a little easier to see what you're doing. I also added a door into the area under the bed, I have a post here that will show you the actual valve to the water tank. https://wackypup.blogspot.com/2016/0...our-views.html

You might enjoy taking a look around my blog about our camper I have a lot of mods to increase your storage and make it more comfortable. We love our Fun Finder X 189fbr!

Liz