Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #1

Default Winterizing 2009 Fun Finder X210WBS

Folks, first let me thank you for maintaining and providing this forum. I am very happy to have found you. I hope you can help me out if you have the patience for a newbie!

I'm a single female who recent bought a 5 y/o, 2009, FunFinderX X210WBS. We had a short freeze the other night and I dealt with it by draining all of the lines and tanks as best as I could and placing a small space heater in the trailer over night. I am trying to get my ducks in line for a real freeze though. (I live south of Houston, TX, but we still get them.) I'm fairly good at basic mechanical tasks, but I'm at a loss on four issues after scouring the owner manual and the water heater vendor manual. My main problems seem to be related to FINDING the systems! I know where the anode lug is at the external water heater (WH) panel and have bought a 1 1/16 socket for it. I have been able to find the bottom drain for the fresh holding tank. What I can't find are:

1) Access to the water heater inside to get to the bypass valve

2) The water pump so that I can introduce the RV antifreeze

3) the low point drains under the trailer .... I crawled underneath but most of the trailer underbelly is covered with black undercarriage sheathing. All I found was the fresh tank bottom valve and the propane valve for the external grill.

4) I found a covered raised panel under the bed compartment, but I don't know what it is or for. (I had some cryptic notes on it from my walk-thru, but now can't decipher my own notes! I guess that was nerves at the time, combined with ignorance and brain overload!)

I hope this is not too much information to ask. I would very sincerely appreciate any help. I thought I would be able to figure things out from the manuals, but they never tell you were things are in the owners manual. They have plenty of schematics but no instructions on where the systems' access points are!

I appreciate in advance your gracious patience with my ignorance.

Thanks, and take care!

sherrb1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
M&M

Default winterizing issues

I think your camper is about the same as ours, so hopefully the following will help:

1 and 3. The bypass valves for the water heater and the 2 low point drains are accessed by opening the right side rear outside access door and then removing the plywood sheet that acts as a floor for the storage compartment. The plywood floor just lays in there loose.

2. The water pump and plastic suction hose for winterizing is accessed by removing the plywood panel to the right of the sofa and under the open shelf. I think it is held in place by 2 or 4 square head screws.

3. On our camper the plywood panel under the bed is hinged and can be raised. It has a storage compartment under it. This has nothing to do with winterizing your camper.

Best of luck!
Mike

Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #3

Default 2009 X210WBS Winterizing

Mike,

Thanks so much for your reply! I found the water heater compartment exactly where you instructed. Duh, I guess I didn't notice the finger hole to raise the panel because the grill is normally in there. I also found the ring pulls to drain the cold/hot lines .... yea!! (I'll open the water pump compartment tomorrow, as it's getting dark now.) I do have one question regarding the valves:

I found them in the following positions. The top horizontal red line valve was in the open/parallel-with-line position, as was the vertical blue/red line valve. The lower horizontal blue line was in the closed/perpendicular-to-line position. Things seem to have been operating okay. Can you confirm that the bottom horizontal line valve being closed is correct for normal operations? And which valve would be the one I should close to bypass the water heater for introducing RV antifreeze? (I was going to include a picture but only see how to reference a URL as opposed to an attachment.)

Thanks so much for your help!!!
sherrb1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #4

Default Keep asking!

Sherbb, I don't have answers to your specific questions -- but I am posting this in order to encourage you to keep asking! We love to answer questions for newbies -- we were all newbies at one time, and we all remember that terrible feeling of inadequacy. Hang in there, and ASK!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
M&M

Default water heater valves

sherrb,

Our unit is stored for the winter where I can't get at it, and I am not sure I can remember exactly how it looks. However, I think both the top and lower horizontal valves are open and the middle valve closed for normal use. When introducing anti freeze, the top and bottom valves are closed and the middle valve is opened to "bypass" the water heater so no anti freeze gets into it. Thus, I don't think your valves are in the correct positions for either normal use or introducing anti freeze. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Mike
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote