Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #1

Default wiring diagram 2006 t160 X FF shadow cruiser

Need a wiring diagram, specifically for 12v panel located below port side bunk. 4th from the top, 15 amp fuse blows as soon as I put one in. PO marked it as Kitchen?? Only things that don't work are two fancy looking lights up front on each side of kitchen table/bed when made. Took bulbs out n think they are in the off position but fuse sparks as soon as I replace it. On shore power ceiling lights, frige, AC, overhead lights, exhaust fan in kitchen n bathroom, fresh water pump, all plugs/outlets, microwave work. I know I should look for 12v powered stuff! BUT...would be nice to see diagram so I can trace this particular fuse. Just installed a new deep cycle battery.

xbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:02 AM   #2

UPDATE...after extensive research I find the fuse that keeps blowing controls, or am assuming it controls what it's marked as.....KITCHEN. Correct me if wrong, items in kitchen include:
1. Double plug on sink/stove cabinet.
2. Stove exhaust fan with light.
3. Microwave.
4. Possibly the double light up under the sink area.
5. Possibly the monitor panel (battery/grey water/black water/fresh water level condition) and water pump, located on kitchen cabinet as u enter the RV. It works perfect while on shore power. There is a fuse that is marked Mon Panel....15 amp
6. Light switch to turn on/off outside light...works on shore power.
Am I missing something??? Frige?

There is an item I have not checked out....facing the sink, cabinet door on top right with two shock absorber looking things....inside is crank to raise/lower TV antenna and some associated wiring. Have never touched it. Antenna is installed on roof. Think it is included in the Kitchen fuse???

Gotta think there is a direct short for fuse arks n blows as soon as I put a new one in...15 amp! Note..all items listed above are in OFF condition.

Conclusion......all creature comforts work on shore power but it buggs me the fuse keeps blowing!

Old 07-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Site Team

If I'm understanding correctly, your fuse is on the 12V side. That would rule out the microwave and 120V outlet. Since those lights don't work properly I would strongly suspect they are the problem. The hot 12V wire to the lights may be shorting to ground somewhere.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:30 AM   #4

Another update.....went to a FF dealer in Waco, Texas yesterday, explained problem n they did some computer research w/o any success. Gave me Cruiser RV website with a help/question page. I asked if they could look at problem...yes for $147 per hour. Submitted form when I got home. He did suggest I buy a resettable 15 amp fuse till I found problem and fixed it. Gonna dive into areas under lower bunk bed and under port side couch and try n trace wires. I think it's the lights on each side of the dining table.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #5

I agree with Ljaz, & you, it's likely the dining room lights. Have you disconnected the light fixture(s) yet to see if there a wire that was damaged during install?

When I recaulked my rear taillights this summer, I fully removed one that worked intermittently & discovered when cruiserrv split the wire to add the clamp on fitting, that they were sloppy & sliced through to wire -- & left it exposed!!
Old 08-17-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
Site Team

Wheatboy, now that you mention it I remember when I was upgrading my range hood that the wiring connections were made with what we used to call 'scotch-lock' connectors. These connector types always seemed to have issues. They would come undone or the metal tap in them would protrude through plastic cover. It's possible that the connection to one of the lights has come apart or failed somehow.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #7

Final update....fixed! Found the fuse did control the two lights by dinette table. Light on starboard side had a bad switch (small black switch wired inline behind the fixture), fixed it, new bulbs n bingo...lights work n no blown fuse. The light was marked to replace with a 1074 bulb, went everywhere no luck finding them. NAPA sold me two 1004's n work great. More of a romantic glow rather than lights to eat by......prob need some romance at my age....lol.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:25 AM   #8

Well done!!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbassman View Post
Final update....fixed! Found the fuse did control the two lights by dinette table. Light on starboard side had a bad switch (small black switch wired inline behind the fixture), fixed it, new bulbs n bingo...lights work n no blown fuse. The light was marked to replace with a 1074 bulb, went everywhere no luck finding them. NAPA sold me two 1004's n work great. More of a romantic glow rather than lights to eat by......prob need some romance at my age....lol.
1074 is/was a common automotive bulb ~ still available:

Miniature Replacement Light Bulbs-Miniature Light Bulbs-Numbered Lamps