Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #1

Default Wiring Diagram for 2016 F281BIKS

Hi! Just found that we FunFinders have our own Club! Yeah!

Anyone know how I could obtain an electrical wiring and plumbing diagram and for our 2016 F281BIKS trailer? I'm an eng'neer and would like to add some more outlets (DC and AC) and try my hand at some PEX plumbing (like adding a valve to fill the fresh water tank from the city).

I have already had the screen fitting on the 12V water pump become loose and leak water all over the floor. I tightened everything up and it seems good for now. It even cured our fresh water tank overflowing from the accumulation of city water. However, there is a short hose (maybe 2 ft) which runs from the middle connection of the 3-port valve on the suction side of the pump and the other end is stuffed down the hole in the floor but is connected to nothing. What is the purpose of the valve and this hose to nowhere? For winterizing?

Anyone added slider awnings to keep leaves and sap out of the two slide-outs?

The dining benches have already fallen apart and I added wood screws to secure the sides to the wood frame.

I guess just part of the Fun in owning a FunFinder!

JimboFunFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. I doubt you will find a wiring or plumbing diagram, maybe a generic. I don't think the factory has one. I am also an engineer and that has driven me crazy on every TT we have owned. I have just done a little testing and drew up a wiring diagram myself. Haven't tried to do a plumbing diagram.

2015 FunFinder F214WSD
2008 F150 with Triton.
ChasWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:30 PM   #3

Charles, thanks! I was afraid that they winged it.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
Site Team

I think every trailer will be wired and plumbed a little differently depending on who did it and maybe the day of the week.

That extra hose sounds like it's for winterizing. For pumping antifreeze into the plumbing. (Caveat: I've never winterized my trailer)
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #5

LJAZ, oh my! Seems strange to me but I am from a warm climate like you!
Old 10-16-2017, 07:51 AM   #6
Site Team

Jimbo, Yes, it seems like everyone else is putting their trailers away for the winter and we get to just keep on camping!
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #7

Believe me if we lived in a warmer climate all year round, we wouldn't be "hibernating" the girl all winter either!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #8

When working, I used to have to flyl to Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Texas, Arizona aka the southern states and do NOT like hot weather. It was tolerable in the winter months (Dec, Jan, Feb) but the summers were total killers IMO.

When getting out of the air conditioned rental car, leave A/C controls on high and sprint indoors. When leaving, use your hankerchief to open the door so not to burn your fingers, inset key, start car and rush back inside an air conditioned building and wait about 10/15 minutes for the car to cool down before it could be sat in.

So reminded me of being in the Army in SE Asia in the mid-60's.

You can always put on a warmer coat but one can only take so much off!
Old 10-16-2017, 07:12 PM   #9

Yes and thank God for those whose bodies are much better fully clothed in layers than not! IMHO!
Old 10-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #10

Kansas ~ here in the northern great plains some 400 miles south of the Canadian border, those layers are well known once temps dip below -20 degrees.