Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #1

Default wrikled ceiling vinyl all along wall edges on funfinder x

our FF is 3 yrs old, stored outside in the northeast, this week i noticed all along the edges of the ceiling the "wall paper" on the ceiling is wrinkled in about 4 inches. i first suspected a leak- called a local RV dealer, said it may be caused by extreme heat or cold. It has been over 100 deg here this summer- no other signs of leakage, no water stains etc. Nay one with ideas of the cause or similar experience let me know please. thx

pegrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #2

I too live in the northeast (CT) and I have one small corner area that is showing some wrinkling inside as well. I suspect it is a leak, so I have been carefully examining my rubber roof. I may have found a very tiny tear so I patched it up with Eternabond tape (very easy to use); I also laid some Eternabond tape on the corner edge (being careful not to block the gutter of course). Perhaps the edges of your roof are split or cracked? Can you get up there and look?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #3

Default wrinkled ceiling

i called the dealer where i bought it used 2 yrs ago, they said it might be the temp extremes. i've ck'd the roof, i gently clean it annually, and find no leaks. However, the caulking is horrible and has weather cracks, maybe the whole froof needs recaulked. I sliced a wrinkle, no visible sign of water damage, and no water staining. I even pulled away the "moulding" covering the raingutter screws, cleaned it good, no sign of water penetrating through the screws. I just am very disappointed in the caulking job, we really like this RV. I'm gonna call FF Monday- want to email them a photo of wrinkles, if it is a leak, i need to remidy it promptly.
The ceiling wrinkles are everywhere but over the rear wall and over the slider. Was you wrikle accompanied with any water stains or wall damage?
pegrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #4

Actually, no I don't see any signs of water stains either down the wall. I've had it resealed a number of times and get it checked twice a year. The Dicor lap Sealant (while good) does end up needing to be redone over and over. That's why I'm switching over to Eternabond and doing it myself (mostly). You can put the tape down over the existing sealant (as long as it's not silicone). I'd bring it in and have them redo it. I still suspect cracks at the edges in your case.