Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-27-2022, 07:52 PM   #1

Default X215WSK Bedroom extension

Hi, I'm a newbie here and to RVs. Just purchased a 2013 X215WSK looks to be totally stock and only lightly used, still had the factory tires on it and they still had some of the molding nubbies on them. I changed them due to their age of course. I searched the form but did not see a thread with this MOD. I'm sure it must have been done before as its a no cost , easy to do MOD that makes a big difference for anyone >6

Anyway Im 6'3" tall 235lbs and thought I could make the bed work for me. Well once the S.O. and pooch were in the bed too I found it just was not going to work.

So I moved the center wall with the TV back into the main Living Room 3.5". It was very easy to do, just removed the decorative inside top plywood that was just stapled up there and removed the 6 wood screws screwed into the ceiling. Then I removed the 6 exposed wood screws in the bottom. That's all that held the wall in place. I then moved the top of that cabinet towards the LR, then the bottom. I ended up moving it 3.5" and now my feet can rest over the edge of the bed unincumbered There is a hole in the ceiling where the TV coax is routed to the TV that may be partially exposed in the bedroom but its easy to cover with a bit of trim. Screwed all the screws back in top and bottom, stapled the top plywood back in, then the trim.

Took about 30min to complete the task including cutting and installing trim.

Slide still closes fine, wont be able to squeezed past the slide into the bedroom on the slide side when the slide is closed, not that I could have before.

Pcola10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 12:56 PM   #2

Default Wow!

Thanks for sharing. When you go in the outside door, does it seem tight with the wall being moved more in front of the opening?

DogsGo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:40 PM   #3

Hello DogsGo2. I'm not a small guy, 6'3" 235lbs, just for reference. While moving the TV entertainment center "the Wall" 3.5" out dose make access to the bedroom on the driver's side near impossible when the slide is in, I don't even notice the difference on the passenger side. It was a concern before the move, once moved the only difference I noticed was I could lay in bed straight legged (just), yah my feet hang over a bit but that's OK.

It's such a simple move I'd say you should try it, if not right for you move it right back.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:43 AM   #4

I would like to do this, do you have any pictures of what it looks like after you had completed the move?
dljuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 01:29 PM   #5

Default Some Pix

Pix of 3.5 inch bedroom extension
Attached Thumbnails
20220920_150957.jpg   20220920_150856.jpg   20220920_150708.jpg   20220920_150729.jpg   20220920_150832.jpg  

Old 09-20-2022, 01:32 PM   #6

Default Some Pix

Pix of 3.5 inch bedroom extension, sorry could not figure how to rotate the pix in post.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:57 PM   #7

Thanks for the pics!

DogsGo2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
move tv cabinet, tall