Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #1

Default XT-200 Fresh water tank meter wiring

Finally got around to testing / sanitizing the water system. Couldn't figure out why the meter wasn't showing anything even after 5-10 minutes of the hose running on high. Thought maybe I had a drain valve open, but there was no leaking water anywhere. Also turned on the pump and water came out of the kitchen faucet. Peeked underneath the trailer to look at the tank and saw three wire terminals connected to the tank, which I figure are the '1/3', '2/3', and 'full' reading on the meter. Only problem is that there is only the terminals and no wires connected. I found some wires hanging nearby, but no idea which one should go to which terminal, if any of them. I e-mailed CrusierRV asking for the wiring diagram (which from brief research they wouldn't release) or at least just what color wire goes where. The response I got from them was:

"I regret to inform you . Cruiser has been bought out since the Toy hauler 200 was built and we do not have that information on schematics you need. Sorry about that."

Well, that was no help. So if anyone has an XT-200 and can take pics or just tell me which color wire goes where, it would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, how do you drain the damn thing? I figured it was the valve toward the bottom rear, but no matter how I turned it or flipped it, no water came out.

snlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #2

IF flipping the drain spigot lever does not drain the tank, the drain spigot may be defective.

As for the wires, my toy hauler is still is storage with no access for several more weeks.

I'm sure someone else will respond with answers shortly.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #3

Had to run down to the local RV shop to get some plumbing parts, so inquired there and this is what I found out:

- The black thing int he center of the 2nd pic is the measurement circuit.
- The meter harness has 6 wires: red for power, white for ground, 4 wires with ring lugs (white-ground/return, red/green/blue for the three metered levels (he wasn't sure of the top of his head which was which)

Also, the drain plug handle broke while I was trying to turn it so I just bought a new one. When I pulled the old one out, it had dirt/debris caked in the entire drain tube. Very apparent now why it wasn't draining. Waiting for the tank to drain before installing the new one.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #4

Glad you are making progress!

Old 03-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Glad you are making progress!
Yeah, today replaced the kitchen faucet (leak at base), toilet hose gasket, toilet plumbing assy (thing the hose connects to), and of course, the drain valve. Not happy it all had to be replaced, but better finding out now than when we are on the road.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #6

Must be nice weather in TX to do work on your trailer during the middle of the winter.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlsmith View Post
Yeah, today replaced the kitchen faucet (leak at base), toilet hose gasket, toilet plumbing assy (thing the hose connects to), and of course, the drain valve. Not happy it all had to be replaced, but better finding out now than when we are on the road.
Good for you. This work will give you peace of mind, worth a lot when buying used.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote