Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #1

Default 2010 Pathfinder

We really like the floor plan of the X215 but can the V6 of the Pathfinder handle it? I would definitely use a WD and anti sway hitch but does the vehicle have the guts? Anybody use that combo?

roosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #2

I have a 2010 Pathfinder and purchased a 214wsd over the winter. I have not towed it yet but I pick it up May 5th and can let you know then. I live in IL though so its pretty flat terrain. I also got a weight distribution hitch with sway control. We will see, my fingers are crossed.

BrownNozR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #3

Thanks and I hope it works well for you. Looking forward to your next reply.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Site Team

Here's a link to a calculator that will tell you what you can tow within your tow vehicles specs:

http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-tt.shtml

You should be able to get most of the info off the vehicle itself or from the owners manual. Even if you can't find all of the specs you can still run it with as much of info as you can find. Of course the more info the more accurate the answer will be.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #5

According to the specs on the car we should be fine. It also comes with an auxillary transmission cooler as well which is a plus. I'm just curious to see how it handles. I had an xterra that would have pushed the limits, bought the pathfinder in January and it feels much more planted on the ground than the xterra. I'm nervous but only because I have only towed a pop up the past.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #6

Thanks again. It will be good to hear how the Pathfinders make out. According to the calculator I should be holding off at a trailer around 3200 lbs. We would get a good mix of flat roads and inclines because we live in Alberta and would likely be doing both prairie and mountain trips.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #7

I'm very interested to hear about your towing experience. I have an 11 Frontier, and love the 215WSK. Cannot find anyone with this combo anywhere.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #8

Roosky - picked up our 214wsd this weekend and towed with our 2010 Pathfinder. It towed great right off the dealers lot. Didn't feel like there was anything behind me. Got the Equalizer weight dist And anti sway system and electric break box. Felt very confident in towing it. Very little sag in the rear, only went down an inch. Went to campground and loaded it up with all our equipment, the drive home was in rain on the hwy. I definitely felt a difference in towing it after loaded, I'm really not sure how much weight we added to the camper, I would guess a few hundred pounds. I only felt a sway when a semi passed me which can be scary but I just stayed around 55 - 60 mph (when not raining) and In the right lane. I never felt like the pathfinder itself couldn't handle pulling the trailer.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #9

Thanks a lot. I am glad you fell good about your setup. I will relax a bit now. We might drop down a model, maybe to the 189. We live in Alberta will make a few mountain trips. Thanks again.