Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to pnsmorrell
Default andersen hitch

I'm interested in buying a new hitch and have been looking at the Andersen hitch system . Does anyone here own one and whats your opinion of it ?
Thanks

Old 05-12-2015, 04:39 AM   #2

I have the Andersen hitch and love it. It's easy to hook and unhook. In doing the research it seems to work best with the lighter tongue weights.
I have a 214 and pull with a F-150. I had the Blue OX and it was very heavy and alot more hitch than I needed.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:07 PM   #3

I went with the Fastway Equalizer E2. I asked for the 600lb unit, but got the 800lb. works well, though.

I just don't see how the Andersen is "amazingly simple" compared to the E2. Plus, chains simply scare me.

Here is a youtube that is kind of lengthy, but it shows the ease of the E2.

A link to the parts site.

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/shop/e2-hitch/

http://www.valuervparts.com/equal-i-...y-94-00-1061/#

A picture of our setup.

http://1drv.ms/1QG25KZ
WSKinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
M&M

Default hitch

Hi,
I see you tow with a pickup. You may want to consider using a long enough hitch shank so you can open your tailgate without bashing into the trailer jack. Anderson may have a variety of lengths available, but the one shown in their video looks a like a short hook up.
M&M
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:29 PM   #5

Keep in mind that as you lengthen the shank, it multiplies the weight resting on the vehicle's hitch (increases tongue weight) so always good to consider that especially if you were already at the maximum loading spec on the tow vehicle.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:35 PM   #6

Default Anderson hitch

I've had my Anderson hitch for over a year and really like it. It works as a weight distribution as well as sway control and will dampen pitching too. I just returned from a 3000 mile trip out west and was really glad to have it.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #7

Although I have no direct experience with this hitch, I am concerned about the inability of this hitch to give once the nylon bumpers are fully compressed. Unlike a spring bar that will bend and eventually deform or break if enough force is applied, the andersen hitch does not appear to have such a limit. So for a TV with a uni-body, like my Highlander, I would be concern that it would damage the uni-body frame if two much force was applied.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSKinVA View Post
I went with the Fastway Equalizer E2. I asked for the 600lb unit, but got the 800lb. works well, though.

I just don't see how the Andersen is "amazingly simple" compared to the E2. Plus, chains simply scare me.

I chose the Equal-i-Zer, 10,000 lb spring bars for my hitch after looking at the many on the market. The Eqaulizer is rated the best by users and a simple set-up. Also did not the dangling chains some hitches use plus the anti-sway is built in.