Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #1

Default Anybody weighed their TV with their loaded XT-245 in tow?

Has anyone who has a Cruiser RV Fun Finder XTRA XT-245 toy hauler ever actually loaded it with toys and camping necessities and then weighed the tow vehicle with the trailer attached and unattached? How much weight was transferred to the tow vehicle?

I have a ’13 F150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost 4x2 3.55 axle 145” wb 5.5’ bed with tow package (no Max Tow or HD payload options). I have added a spray in bed liner, tonneau cover, fire extinguisher and jumper cables. I am interested in an XT-245 toy hauler.

Truck specs:
GVWR 7100#, actual wt. with full tank and no driver 5540#, RGAWR 3850#, actual weight 2560#, yellow sticker payload 1607#, tow rating 9800#

Published trailer specs:
Length 27.5’, Dry wt. 4650# (saw one advertised at 5050# "as built" weight), Hitch wt. 765#, GVWR 7765#, Fresh Water 44 gal.

I will load it with up to two motorcycles weighing a total of 700 pounds behind the rear axle, generators, riding gear, tools, food, clothes, utensils and other junk. I am concerned about overloading the truck. I have 1560 pounds of total payload left to use and 1290 pounds of rear axle payload left to use. A driver and a passenger and a few incidentals could very well weigh 500 pounds. This leaves only 1060 pounds of total payload left for the trailer tongue weight.

I see on the forums that people are towing this trailer and others much heavier with “half ton” pickups. I know the Max Tow option adds 300# to the GVWR and 180# to the payload of this truck, but that ship has already sailed.

Is there anybody out there who has actually loaded one of these and weighed their rig?

Thanks.

atwowheelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:04 AM   #2

Not a 245 but this might give you a 'ball park' reference point.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Here are some actual loaded figures. I thought I had left the weight slips in my XT276 when it went into winter storage but found them in the pickup glove box.

The pickup w/full tank of fuel and two people connected to the XT276 loaded with two full tanks of propane, a few groceries, 1 wheeled cooler full w/drinks/ice and the usual necessities & clothing for a week plus 1 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic, the usual camper tool kit and 1/3 tank of fresh water had a combined weight of 13,960 pounds.

The pickup alone w/fuel/2 people weighs 6,200 pounds.

Total 13,960 less pickup weight of 6,200 = 7,760 weight of the camper.

The GVW of the XT 276 per factory is 7,870 pounds so I was 110 pounds under max load of the camper.

Just FYI.
2012 Fun Finder XT 276 Toy Hauler & Harley Davidson Ultra Classic with Condor wheel chock
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 AT 4X4 Crew Cab 6.4 L Hemi, 373 gears, tow package, Rambox option, Revolver X2 tonneau cover, Equal-I-zer anti-sway hitch.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote