Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #1

Default correct hitch

What would be the best wd sway control set up for a 2008 210wbs? I'm towing with a 2003 f150 with the tow package and don't plan on carrying a lot of weight in either rig. Haven't been camping in 20 some odd years and new to towing something this big. Looking forward to a trouble free new adventure. Thanks all.

kobweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #2

My choice for a WD hitch w/sway control is the Equal-i-Zer hitch with built in sway control.....and they work extremely well plus are the top choice Gold Award in a recent RV magazine survey something like 4 or 5 years in a row.

Check them out here: Equal-i-zer® Hitch - The “American Original” with 4-Point Sway Control™ and Weight Distribution

Old 05-02-2016, 06:43 PM   #3

Thanks Eagle I found 3 places close by that deal in this hitch.
kobweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobweb View Post
Thanks Eagle I found 3 places close by that deal in this hitch.
Yes, shop around for the best price available. The local selling dealer can do the initial setup of the hitch for your TV and trailer.

If you are confident you can do your own setup (and have the tools) prices on the net are VERY competitive!

The only other hitch that I would suggest looking at is the Hensley hitch but the cost is quite high IMO.

Feel free to check them out here: https://hensleymfg.com/

The price kept me from buying one!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #5

Default Equal-i-Zer

Have an equal-i-zer setup with my 2005 Nissan Titan towing a 210-UDS. Did 2 1/2 trips across the US from TN to OR. Then set it up to use with my 2014 F350, have done 1 1/2 trips across the US with that setup. The best! In my opinion anyway. Cross-winds, Rockies, Glacier Park, The Lost Coast, places I can't remember without looking up. But never, not once worried that the trailer was affecting my ability to safely drive my tow vehicle!
I don't think you'll regret it.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #6

You may find that folks tend "to like" the brand of hitch they have and use ( with a few exceptions ).
That said, I get the impression most of this type of hitch all function pretty much the same way. I guess from that we can conclude, the basic design and premise is good, and proven.
I use a Blue Ox swaypro, and I too like the way my choice functions. It has built in sway control, is easy to setup initially and easy to hookup each time. It's also "clean" in that no grease is external on any of the parts ( it does have two grease zerks that need a pump of grease periodically ).
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #7
Site Team

I use an EAZ-lift hitch without sway control to tow a 2009 210 WBS and for me it works just fine. I tow with a 2011 Chevy 1500 and with a 99 Tahoe before that and never had any sway problems, even in high winds. I bought it initially because it was several hundred $$ cheaper than a comparable hitch with built in sway. It has the option of an add on friction type of sway control, so I figured I could add it if needed but never did.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote