Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to oejeffrey
Default GODZILLA is under my hood

The wife & I just bought a Toyota Tundra to pull the Funfunder !!! This thing has more power than Godzilla strolling through Toyko on a Saturday night !!!

2005 Honda Pilot ( traded in but missed )
2011 Toyota Tundra with a big ole 5.7 liter
2007 FunFinder 189 FBS
oejeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
roy

Yep it's a beast!! Got a '10 model with 5.7 love it!! 12% grades not a problem even with 7500#'s behind it. Incredible truck. Watch those front brake rotors. Don't ask me how I know.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Don

Roy...
I have a 2000 Tundra with 78K 4.7L bought new in 1999. I see you have a 27 footer FF. My wife and I are looking at the FF TT's and I was concerned going that big and having pulling issues. (never owned a TT before). I have been a Toyota fan since 1976, but wasn't sure of pulling a trailer that size.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Roy...
I have a 2000 Tundra with 78K 4.7L bought new in 1999. I see you have a 27 footer FF. My wife and I are looking at the FF TT's and I was concerned going that big and having pulling issues. (never owned a TT before). I have been a Toyota fan since 1976, but wasn't sure of pulling a trailer that size.
Don I bought one of the first tundras back in '00. Kept it about 2 1/2 years it pulled open utility trailer fine but back then I had no idea of buying a toy hauler or travel trailer. I think those trucks were rated at around 7500 lbs if I'm not mistaken. The 4.7 is a good engine. I'm at about 7500 loaded with my current trailer and cargo. 5.7 tundras are rated at 10400 for my year model but the newer ones are 9000 which is due to a more accurate rating system in place now. So really my truck falls under that as well since it's identical to a new one on the spec sheet.

A larger toy hauler like I have might over work your truck I'd look smaller if it were me.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Don

Thanks for the reply Roy. I am looking at a newer Tundra (not necessarily a 2012) in anticipation of getting a TT. I have pulled a relatively large Coleman popup with it and it was amazing how well it pulled. I was just a bit concerned stepping up to a TT...depending on size and weight of course.

Thanks again
2005 Harley Electra Glide Classic
Don is offline   Reply With Quote