Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Towing and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #1

Default Hyundai Santa Fe

I learned yesterday that my 2009 Hyundai SF cannot have a weight distribution hitch on it, as per Hyundai. This eliminates a lot of campers from my list but I have settled on a Classic Cruiser 16FD that sits nicely on the back of the SUV. Now I am worried, can't seem to find any others who have the same trailer in forums, etc.
Dave

clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #2

Why worry? If it's in good condition and it fits your needs, enjoy it. You can look at it this way; you may have a unique trailer. Seriously, I wouldn't worry about how many 16FD's are out there, most trailers are made from the same parts, from the same manufacturers.

Patient and understanding wife
dlhilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #3

We towed a Rvision 14 TLX trailer with a 2005 Santa Fe and the only thing that I used was a friction sway bar. Worked great and never had a problem with it.
Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #4

I don't know what the differences are but your 05 had a different towing configuration than mine ( I could not even put on a weight distribution hitch where you could if you wanted) and yours does tow better.
I towed from Cleveland OH to Toledo OH with a strong head wind. I had to keep her in 4th gear and floor the accelerator to get around 60 miles per hour, and I went through 2 and a half TANKS of gasoline getting home.
I traded the Santa Fe in on a F-150 that can tow almost 3 times my trailer weight (both GV and tongue weights.) Now I wish I had bought that really sharp Trailmanor a woman was practically giving away, but I am happy with my Classic Cruiser, even if there is a lot of wind resistance.
Too bad, other than towing I loved that Santa Fe but could not risk having that happen again on a long trip.
Dave
clown is offline   Reply With Quote