Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #1

Default Towing 2008 X210WBS with 2009 Liberty

My Jeep Liberty has a factory tow package that says it tows up to 5000 lbs, but I am concerned that it may not be enough to tow this travel trailer. The title said the trailer weight was 2,800 lbs, but I know that is false and it is closer to 3,700 lbs. This is my very first trailer and I love it. I looked for a Fun Finder that I could afford for a very long time and I do not want to give it up. Thinking I may need a bigger TV

lvenneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
Site Team

Offhand I would think the Liberty is a bit small for a 210 but I'm not familiar with all of the specs. You really need to know more than just the 5000 lbs spec. Keep in mind that the 5000 lb limit includes the weight of all the passengers & gear in the truck as well as the trailer itself.

Here's a website that gives a good explanation of all of the terms and how to perform the weight calculations so you know what you can tow safely.
www.changingears.com

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
M&M

Default Jeep Liberty

Based on my experience towing with full sized pickups, I would agree with LJAZ that the Liberty might be on the small side. I don't know the Liberty specs either, but can see they are fairly short. In general, short vehicles are not as stable as longer vehicles for towing.
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote