Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #1

Default Truck bed cover?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. What bed cover you got? Having hard time choosing a good tonneau cover along with the trailer with easy access to the bed, and will keep the rain water out. Are those retractables worth it? Thanks in advance

microJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:14 AM   #2

You might want to consider this one. Especially if you don't have a Yamaha generator or another taller model in your bed.
Long Long Honeymoon | #Loloho » Blog Archive » SEEMORE Got a Tonneau Cover for Christmas

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:49 AM   #3

There are many brands on the market. After having a 'soft cover' for a number of years which has limited protection (can be sliced open with a knife), I opted for one on my new truck that provided security. I didn't want to lose my Honda eu2000I's gens nor other items I carry in the box of the pickup when out with the toy hauler.

I chose BAK Industires covers. They make hard fold up covers and roll up covers...and for my purposes, I selected the BAK Revolver X2 ~ designed to fit my pickup with the Rambox option.

http://bakfliptonneaucover.com/revolver_x2
Old 03-14-2017, 07:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
There are many brands on the market. After having a 'soft cover' for a number of years which has limited protection (can be sliced open with a knife), I opted for one on my new truck that provided security. I didn't want to lose my Honda eu2000I's gens nor other items I carry in the box of the pickup when out with the toy hauler.

I chose BAK Industires covers. They make hard fold up covers and roll up covers...and for my purposes, I selected the BAK Revolver X2 ~ designed to fit my pickup with the Rambox option.

http://bakfliptonneaucover.com/revolver_x2
The generator would have to be securely locked (as well as possible) in the bed no matter what cover you use. And $900 is pretty pricey for many people, us included.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
The generator would have to be securely locked (as well as possible) in the bed no matter what cover you use. And $900 is pretty pricey for many people, us included.
No reason to lock the generators in the bed as the with the Revolver X2, the cover is 'locked down' all the way around the edges. The tailgate/Ramboxes and doors all lock with the remote.

Items in the bed do not slide all over with the use of the included pickup bed cargo divider/extender.

and

Here is a video of a Ram pickup with the Ramboxes and bed divider/extender.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

Good idea about that divider that will keep the stuffs in place. Been reading good reviews about Revolver X2 either.
microJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:09 AM   #7

I should mention the pickup bed divider/extender comes with the Dodge Rambox option on Ram pickups. It is a Ram product.

It does not come with Bak bed covers.

The Ramboxes are great to carry multiple items so they are not floating around in the cab & eliminate the need of crawling into the pickup bed retrieve a tool, emergency flairs, fire extinguisher or whatever.

There are a limited number of covers designed for the Ram truck with the Rambox option. I chose the Revolver X-2 as best for my purposes.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by microJ View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask. What bed cover you got? Having hard time choosing a good tonneau cover along with the trailer with easy access to the bed, and will keep the rain water out. Are those retractables worth it? Thanks in advance
Tuxedo cover is the way to go, rolls right out of the way to allow for full box usage ex. ATV loading. I have had it for 3 years and it still looks new and lays nice and flat. I will not buy a truck without one. Silverado
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #9

We ordered this one from Amazon. The price was right for our budget and the reviews are good. We can use it with our fifth wheel hitch in the bed. We will see how it does over the long run and report any problems. We also ordered a Pop & Lock for the tailgate of the Silverado. Just a little added security deterrent.
Premium TCC371009 TriFold Tonneau Truck Bed Cover For 88-07 Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra (Classic) 6.5 feet (78 inch) Trifold Truck Cargo Bed Tonno Cover (NOT For Stepside) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00REJXRS2..._utm8ybA5555K9
Old 04-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #10

You won't regret it, another benefit of these covers as I do not haul a box full of snow to melt in the garage. I sealed the tailgate and used foam sponges to seal the holes under the box rails.Keeps it dry and relatively clean, still sucks a little dust in over time. Silverado

Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote