Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #1

Default X210WBS

Hi first post here. I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.7L, with factory tow package. I am planning on purchasing a FF X2210WBS and am thinking the Jeep would be more that adequate to tow the FF. Does anyone out there have this combination and if so any recommendations, etc? I am also planning on installing a Husky Centerline hitch, any thoughts here. Looking forward to you replies and am looking to more inputs.

dmshar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi & welcome.
According to the trailer life towing guide your Jeep is rated to tow up to 6500 lbs which should be more than enough for your 210WBS which weighs about 3500 lbs dry. Add another 1000 lbs or so loaded and you still have lots of capacity.

I'm not familiar with that specific hitch, but I would think a weight distributing hitch with sway control will tow very nicely. I tow my 210 WBS with an EZlift weight distributing hitch but no sway control and I have no issues at all.

Good luck with your purchase!

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum!! Something to keep in mind concerning "Tow Ratings", they are NOT the true measure of what you can safely tow. The weight you should be looking at is the Combined Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. That is the rating the manufacturer says your tow vehicle can be safely loaded to. It is the combined weight rating of the Tow Vehicle and Trailer.
My own experience in this area was less than a success. Fun Finder states my trailer, the 230DS, weights 3883lbs dry, but when I weighed it, completely empty, it weighs over 4700lbs. Add in supplies, and the weight climbs to over 5300lbs. My truck's CGVWR is 9658, the total weight of my truck and trailer, completely outfitted is 9800. That 3883lbs was very misleading.

Your Jeep should be more than capable, just remember the only way to be absolutely sure is to weigh EVERYTHING, the truck, supplies, the trailer, the people in the truck, everything.
Equalizer Hitch
2011 Nomad 206
Panasonic/Pioneer/Kicker ~ Audio/Video System
Days Camped /2009 / 33
keyser soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:12 AM   #4

Default Re: X210WBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmshar5
Hi first post here. I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.7L, with factory tow package. I am planning on purchasing a FF X2210WBS and am thinking the Jeep would be more that adequate to tow the FF. Does anyone out there have this combination and if so any recommendations, etc? I am also planning on installing a Husky Centerline hitch, any thoughts here. Looking forward to you replies and am looking to more inputs.
Welcome to the family. I have a similar set up I have an 09 grand cherokee with the 5.7 hemi and an 189 fun finder the 210 is only if i remember about 300 lbs heavier then my 189. but i pull my 189 like its not even behind me. grant you my motor is 330 hp stock and with the mods and upgrades ive done it now dynos at 370 hp. but you 4.7 still has plenty of power you have a 230 hp motor. I use to have a 6 cylinder that was 230 hp and it pulled my trailer just fine up summits and every thing i was passing up my dads big old diesel powered motor home going up the mountains at 65mph and that was a v6 so remember the v8 has more torque and that's where your power comes from.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote