Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2019, 07:22 PM   #1

Default X-160 with bunks - considering selling

Hi Folks - we recently picked up a 2008 X160 but are now considering selling it, I think we just went a little too far financially and would feel more comfortable selling it. It's nearly identical to this unit but with grey upholstery and a more modern stereo/BT/dvd unit:

We paid $6000 for it and would just want to make our money back. Is anyone interested?
Located near Bangor, Maine.
Thanks.

MaineErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #2

I live in Brewer? Did someone by this?

sbohandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #3

We decided to keep it - might post it later but we'll use it for a bit before giving it up. It's a nice little rig!
Old 07-13-2019, 07:22 AM   #4

I went down to Sullivan this week to look at a Trail lite 160BH built by someone else, but it had syrofoam under the floor that rotted it out, and the guy did a half-assed job of replacing it.
One thing I didn't like is that the only roof vent in that thing was in the shower. I didn't like how you seemed to be more reliant on having the fan or the AC working to keep it cool.
How many roof vents are in your rig?
Old 07-15-2019, 05:05 AM   #5

I saw that one for sale as well. Looked better in the online photos I guess.
Ours also has only the small tiny little bath vent, I would like to have a normal sized vent fan in the front, above the dinette area. This will be on my longterm to-do list. In the meantime it stays pretty comfortable inside, especially if parked in the shade, but even in a hot parking lot the roof insulation (and likely lack of additional skylights) does a reasonable job of keeping the interior from getting too uncomfortable.
We've posted our camper on Outdoorsy, in case you'd like to check it out for a weekend.
https://www.outdoorsy.com/rv/130025
Old 07-15-2019, 07:17 AM   #6

Yeah, the thing was dirtier than I thought it should have been. The outside photo's looked great, but there was a lot of grime in certain spots and I was unsure if you could get it off. But, yeah I don't think the Fun Finder's have the styrofoam in under the floors to cause all that rot.