Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #21

No, Kevin is right -- if you can't sleep, and your bed partner is asleep, there is nowhere else to go in a 139. The table turns into a bed. So when I have insomnia, I sometimes read my Kindle in bed, turning it so that the light does not bother my wife.

Once in a while, I have gone into the bathroom to read at night. With a couple of pillows (and the toilet lid down), it's not too bad.

Or I just get dressed and go outside and take pictures of the stars. That is kind of fun. I'd rather be asleep, but this is second-best.

And yes, having a VERY small trailer is a series of compromises. But we love it -- it fits on the driveway (no storage fee!), it is easy to tow and to maneuver, it is great for boondocking in remote places, and it is very cozy in cold weather. We have gone snow camping many times -- the box is so small that our body heat keeps it pretty warm when the windows are closed!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #22
APD

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvb View Post
we get out at least 3 times a night to go P. and then if one cant sleep. theres no table to sit at to read or watch tv?once u travel in a 34 ft motorhome..hard to use this small one.
That's why we loooove our 139FK model. Front kitchen and bath with twin beds at either side in the rear. (Don't know why they stopped building 'em that way) Being little-bitty has it's pros and cons.
Attached Thumbnails
2-6-11-2.JPG  

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:16 PM   #23

PROBLEM SOLVED.. Sold it. will find bigger trailer with seperate bed and table

kenvb is offline   Reply With Quote