Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 07:19 PM   #1

Default Seeking Fun Finder X-139

I'm in the market for a 2006 or newer, Fun Finder X-139. I will drive pretty much anywhere in the U.S. to pick it up. Any leads, please comment or email me at jmac215@gmail.com

jmac215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #2

Jmac, I did a quick search and found a bunch of them. SmartRVguide.com was showing over 20 of them. Don't know anything about them but ya might want to give it a try?

mjpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #3

You are amazing!!! Thank you so much! I don't know how I didn't come across that site during my search lol Thanks again!
Old 09-14-2020, 02:03 PM   #4

Default Searching the interweb

FYI- different search engines produce different results. Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing, and others will each give different replies for whatever you're looking for. If you can't find what you want with Google, try using Bing
GaryCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #5

Thank you, Gary!! That's super helpful too!!
Old 09-17-2020, 09:31 PM   #6

jmac215, I'm thinking of selling my 2005 T-139. Are you set on an X-139? (And did you find any current ones for sale on SmartRVguide?) Let me know if you might be interested, and I'll gather photos and info this weekend.
ColoradoShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #7

I'm definitely keeping my options open.. Is the T139 the same size? Looks like it might be... I'd be interested in seeing pics, for sure. If you want to email me my email is jmac215@gmail.com Thanks for reaching out
Old 09-18-2020, 04:07 PM   #8

The T139 and X139 models have virtually identical dimensions. The tanks are bigger on the X version, especially the black water tank. My 2003 T139 had a 6 gallon black water tank, and my 2012 X139 has a 25 gallon black tank.

The construction is different, too -- many of the pre-2008 139s were built with wooden frames and aluminum skins, insulated with fiberglass. The newer models have aluminum frames and fiberglass skins, with styrofoam insulation.
Old 09-20-2020, 03:33 PM   #9

This has been educational- thanks for asking & replying.

I'll be meeting the owner of a 2013 X139 tomorrow to complete the purchase. After researching so many different trailers for the last month- all these various features, specs, capacities, layouts etc. are a blur, so this is a good reminder.

If all goes well I'll be using it as a "base camp" for whale watching in Baja this winter, and assisting a friend who runs a camp at one of the lagoons.

To be continued...
WaltzingMatilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:49 PM   #10

2013 models are well built -- aluminum frame, lots of insulation. The only downside is that the back wall is taken up with a huge "makeup mirror" vanity area -- as if campers really need a serious area to apply makeup!

I tore out the whole back wall and put in cabinets instead. It was a big project (time consuming) but not technically difficult -- you need a table saw and a screwdriver, and that's about all. (You could even do it with a good pull saw by hand, really.) Scroll down through this blog post and you'll see the cabinet project:

https://lookmomimcamping.blogspot.co...-new-lmic.html
Old 09-21-2020, 05:24 PM   #11

We bought a 2006 X-139 last summer. I've enjoyed seeing the improvements that many folks have posted and we have come up with some of our own. We feel this is the perfect size camper for us, but now looking for a bigger tow vehicle, possible an SUV.
ProfDan, we have the vanity and i like the blog post with the cabinet installation. We have added some hooks to our vanity mirror area and use bungee cords to hold some campstools and TV tray table in that space when we're rolling. The little table top is handy for extra cooking surface, but there is usually "stuff" in the way!
SafeWalliTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #12

ProfDanT139 wrote: "The only downside is that the back wall is taken up with a huge "makeup mirror" vanity area -- as if campers really need a serious area to apply makeup!"

Mine (2012) has two long cabinets with shelves inside across the back, with a mirror/shelf in the center above a smaller cabinet. Is that what you're describing?

The cabinets with enclosed shelves seem useful- I'll know more once I actually begin using the trailer in the coming months.

While I don't plan to wear makeup- it is nice to have a mirror for hair brushing etc. And since there's no sink in the bathroom- I may improvise a small "sink" and use this area for face washing, toothbrushing etc.

WaltzingMatilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #13

Yes!! That is the dreaded vanity -- here is what my new back wall looks like:

Click For Full-Size Image.

Actually, "new" is 8 years ago -- but it still feels new. We have floating full length shelves across the back -- it holds all the clothing and boots and some canned goods. Here is a link to the details of the modification -- scroll down to the word "vanity:"

https://lookmomimcamping.blogspot.co...-new-lmic.html

But really, if you don't need the extra storage and you do need the mirror, I would not bother rebuilding the whole back wall. It was a fun project, but it took me many days of careful measuring and cutting and sanding and finishing.

I should add that we did put a mirror in another place -- right near the front door, on the side wall near the closet.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #14

I should add that we use the kitchen sink for hand washing (hands washing? you never wash just one hand) and toothbrushing (teethbrushing? same issue), and that works ok.