We also have a ‘09 189FBS — with the factory sofa/sleeper.
Few things —
To remove the sofa from the slideout — just remove the armrests — raise up the cushion enough to get a extension socket into the black steel frame of the sofa assembly to remove the lag screws/bolts. At that point, the entire assembly will come out through the door.
* The slideout only extends 16” outwards
* There is an outer storage compartment under there
* There is a shelf on top & behind the sofa
* There are (2) corner cupboards that may need to be removed
* The slideout motor and apparatus is now exposed
All of this is of course doable — but the size of your recliners and the things that need to be removed/taken into consideration, will require some evaluation if it is worth it to you — or not.
Along with careful measuring both with the slideout extended and retracted.
Let us know what you decide and show us some pictures if you go ahead with the project.
You can also generally get $300 to $400 for the sofa/sleeper you remove by listing it here or on CL.