Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #1

Default 1994 13' Shadow Cruiser Owners Manual

Hello - I just bought a 1994 13' Shadow Cruiser and I am having a very hard time finding an owners manual. Anyone have any suggestions? I've looked online extensively, I called the manufacture (useless). Any suggestions much appreciated! Thank you

PNWLabMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Wow 1994. Probably not very many trailers from that year still around. Let alone a manual. OTOH the manuals I've seen are all pretty generic and not much help. Your best bet is to get the model and serial numbers from all of your appliances - water heater, refrigerator, heater, converter and get the manuals for them. They should all be available online and will give you specific information on operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Also post some pictures if you can. Would love to see what they looked like in the 90's.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 05:30 PM   #3

Thank you LJAZ! Great suggestion
PNWLabMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #4

We bought the same year and model of Shadow Cruiser in August. It came with all the manuals. Unfortunately, it's in storage for the Winter and I won't be able to access them until early Spring. I could copy and send them to you then if you haven't found any online. You may want to look for the manuals on Ebay.

We had the camper out a few times before the snow hit here in Minnesota and found it very comfortable. Although it was in the 30's at night we just used a small electric heater to heat the camper and it was more than suffcient.
Lindbwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #5

We have a ‘98 Shadow Cruiser, Silhouette; got it in ‘12. We love the lay out, storage, and light weight. We have an original manual, but ours is also in storage til Spring. Manual had minimal info, but we also got separate manuals to the various components. Came without a fridge, so we installed a Domenic of original specs. Also installed a Fantastic Fan and rain shield over it. We have had some great adventures.
Adk micro camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #6

I also have a 1994 13' Shadow Cruiser camper with out any manuals and I am trying to figure out how to work the refrigerator, heater and water heater.
The camper has not been used since 2007 so it may need work to these appliances to run?
I have recoated the rubber roof buy will need to repair some of the interior roof panels as there are no leaks anymore.
I would like to obtain copies or watch video's of how to get these systems going.
stephen844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:38 AM   #7

Hi Stephen, I will try to dig up my manuals. Perhaps I can scan or photocopy and send to you. Do you have a personal email address to receive a copied file? The manuals were basic; a Hans on demo would be better; like a video, if any exist.
Ours had the fridge removed before us and previous owners just used an ice chest. We ordered a new replacement Dometic fridge and it worked great, 2 way, propane/electric. Same specs as what original would have been.
Hot water heater and furnace worked fine. First step in firing up hot water heater - get water in tank! Then open propane flow to the stove top, and light stove top. This gets propane into lines for water heater. Water heater has a rotating switch, turn to ‘light’ and use a ‘fire stick’ lighter to ignite pilot. Hold switch in light position for about two minutes to heat up sensor, then release hold and pilot should stay lit.
More later; gotta run
Neil
Old 04-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #8

Hi Neil,
Thank you for the very fast reply and helping me figure out the appliances in my RV.
My email address is stephen844@mail.com
Kind regards,
Steve
stephen844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:14 PM   #9

We also recently bought a 1994 13' Shadow Cruiser. Did anyone have luck in finding any manuals? Would love to also get a copy if so. The previous owners have done a number of modifications to ours, trying to get some systems back in working order... Thanks!
JenUlmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:11 PM   #10

Hi Jen, I have a ‘94 Silhouette Shadow Cruiser and the manuals. The Shadow Cruiser manual is basic and generic covering three different models, and about 16 pages. More importantly, are the component manuals - furnace, power converter, fridge, hot water tank, etc; however these are over 40 pages. Time consuming to copy and somehow forward, as well as concerns over copyright infringement now. Not sure how to help you on this. Any ideas? Do you want to provide some form of private communication - PM, email, text?
Old 05-05-2021, 05:53 PM   #11

Thanks for the quick response! I've sent you a PM with my contact info. Many thanks!
Old 05-05-2021, 10:14 PM   #12

Many of the manuals for the component systems are available for free -- just enter the make and model.

And even if your exact model can't be found, manuals for similar models by the same manufacturer are often helpful.

Good luck! Wow. A 1994! When you get done using it, I am sure you can get a nice tax deduction when you donate it to the Smithsonian.

Just kidding. Those older models were very rugged. Safe travels!!
Old 05-06-2021, 08:04 AM   #13

Haha, I hear ya. She may be old, but she still has some life left in her! Previous owner was nervous about safety, so he removed fresh water tank and all propane lines inside. Trying to get some of these self contained systems going again before our two week trip to Michigan this summer.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20210315_102155.jpg  
Old 05-06-2021, 09:04 AM   #14

Why are so many people freaked out about propane? This isn't the first time I've heard stories about a previous owner removing the propane. One lady was absolutely terrified about carrying propane bottles on the tongue. Yet everyone is fine gassing up their cars with gasoline.
Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #15

Jen,
Several attempts to text you failed. Attempting to email you, look for a message “shadow cruiser manuals’ , may be in ur spam box. Let me know if you receive it.
Old 02-15-2022, 03:56 PM   #16

Default Seeking trailer weight for 1993 13' Shadow Cruiser

Am likewise looking for the trailer weight and tongue weight of a 1993 13' Shadow Cruiser. Does anyone in this thread have that info? Would greatly appreciate it----
Thanks,
Janis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenUlmer View Post
We also recently bought a 1994 13' Shadow Cruiser. Did anyone have luck in finding any manuals? Would love to also get a copy if so. The previous owners have done a number of modifications to ours, trying to get some systems back in working order... Thanks!
kamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:02 PM   #17

Default any luck finding a manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWLabMom View Post
Hello - I just bought a 1994 13' Shadow Cruiser and I am having a very hard time finding an owners manual. Anyone have any suggestions? I've looked online extensively, I called the manufacture (useless). Any suggestions much appreciated! Thank you
Hi, I'm just trying to get the trailer weight & tongue weight of a 1993 13' Shadow Cruiser. I also tried the manufacturer & searching online. Or maybe the trailer has a sticker somewhere with the weight, like a car does. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!
Janis
Old 02-15-2022, 10:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamos View Post
Hi, I'm just trying to get the trailer weight & tongue weight of a 1993 13' Shadow Cruiser. I also tried the manufacturer & searching online. Or maybe the trailer has a sticker somewhere with the weight, like a car does. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!
Janis

There is an ad online for a 94 that might help a bit:

1994 SILHOUETTE, BY SHADOW CRUISER.
13" 9" LONG
Excellent condition, see pictures!.
Total weight, 1570 lbs, Axle weight 1370 lbs, Tongue weight 200 lbs.
Gross vehicle weight/base value 1500 lbs from the certificate of title
Old 02-16-2022, 09:47 AM   #19

If I recall correctly, my 2003 T-139 weighed about 2000 pounds, with a tongue weight of about 200 pounds. But that was dry weight, unloaded.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:29 PM   #20

Thanks, DiverRick! Definitely helpful.