Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2022, 11:54 AM   #1

Default 2008 x189fbs

Hello- We are looking to sell our FF 2008 X189FBS.
We love this TT but our son is 17 and 6 foot 3 so the fold out is an option for him any longer.
It has been maintained and the last time we used it everything was still functioning. I don't even know what to ask as a starting price.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

GPFunFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:03 AM   #2

Call your banker .. they have AVERAGE values on most anything they finance to buy or whatever..

Old 05-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #3

Default 2008 x189fbs

In today’s environment — these are the items I would approach and adhere to when selling my travel trailer and also establishing a fair selling price for myself:

1. Condition, Condition, Condition

2. Is it a good value and savings when compared to a new trailer?

3. Desirability — is it a fairly uncommon and/or popular unit, or is the market
flooded?

4. Can it be towed by both larger (pickups, large SUV’s, diesels) vehicles — as
well as smaller Trucks & SUV’s like are popular today? What is the weight
unloaded?

5. Market trends up or down.

6. How long do comparable unit’s stay on the market until sold?

7. Is it a good floor plan, design, and has good consumer ratings?

Condition is so important. Fix any issues that do not work, have the unit fully and
professionally detailed, polished & waxed, interior spotless and smelling fresh, strip out personal items such as sheets, bedding, and decorations, etc..

Be honest with yourself — would I buy this unit or a new one?

Is there a demand for these (desirability)?

Is a special tow vehicle required, or can most towing vehicles easily handle my trailer?

What is the market for my unit? Not what an RV dealer, insurance company, bank or credit union says — not what Kelly BB, NADA, or Black Book values them at. The real world based on the previous year’s actual prices of sold trailers like mine.

How long do these units stay on the market? Sold quick or hang around?

Is the floor plan a good one?

——————————————————————————

My plan would be to fix anything needed — even a cracked tail light lens or torn shower curtain. Plus, all systems need to work well.

Professionally detail, wax, and polish.

Take a dozen REALLY good photos of all (4) sides, roof, undercarriage, interior shots.

Figure out a price based on the above recommendations — then price it 20% above that number.

List it on Craigslist for your state and 10 adjoining states with the pictures and asking price, with also — or best offer. Post an average description — not every boring detail (legitimate buyers already know as much or more about your unit than you do). Too many details will either get lost, or they will not read them all.

It will come across that you know you have a good unit — and folks respect that.

These are my personal opinions based on recent transactions as well as 40+ years of selling vehicles, RV’s, houses, property, and other items on a professional level.

This is a new type of market we are in nowadays — while the same basic principles have always applied…However, with the upswing in RV popularity recently — you will be surprised how easy it will be to sell your current unit for considerably more than you might realize right now.

Having said all of this — I have a ‘09 189FBS — tow it with a ‘02 Tacoma V6 4X4 — and know it to be a great and desirable combination in today’s RV market.

Best Always,

Fred
foakes is offline   Reply With Quote