Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #1

Default 2011 214WSD

We purchased our Funfinder 214WSD in March of 2011. The first year we used it on 9 outings, all were local and within an hour round trip from our home. The unit was winterized and covered at the end of the season. The next year, 2012, we went camping on 7 trips, again all within an hour round trip from home. (NOTE) The camper has now been on the road a total of (16 hours). In October while waxing we noticed cracks on the lower corners of the front window and spider web cracks in the front gel coat. I contacted the dealer who requested I bring it in. At this time the camper was 6 months out of warranty. They took pictures and sent them off to Cruiser. I contacted the dealer on January 2nd and they said the estimate was complete. Cruiser came back and said because the camper was now 9 months out of warranty there was nothing they were going to do about it and the damage was result of impact. If it were impact damage there would be more damage to the front skin and I would have gone to my Insurance company. I believe Cruiser knows there is a problem and wants to wash their hands of it. Thinking I will just go away, I DON'T THINK SO. A certified letter was sent to the GM of the Ultralight Towable division, lets see, it was signed for on 2-18-13 and it is now April 1st and still no response. Is anyone seeing a pattern here? We enjoy the FF very much but if this is how Cruiser treats the customers then will sell and purchase from someone else. I would hate to see this end up on 9NEWS or in Trailer Life Mag. Do you think Cruiser actually takes the time to look at the comments on this Web Site. We would really like to here from other 214WSD owners to see if they are having problems like this.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #2

Default No problem here

I also have a 2011 214WSD. I have taken it on MANY trips for a total of over 20,000 miles and I have not had any of the problems you describe. The trailer has performed flawlessly, inside and out.

pjimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Site Team

Sorry to hear about your problems. As far as CruiserRV looking at comments on this site, it's possible of course, but there is no affiliation.

Good Sam club has an Action Line service that advocates for members having trouble getting support from RV manufacturers & dealers. They have a bit more clout than an individual does.

If you're not a member it only costs $25 to join.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote