Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #1

Default 2013 FunFinder 214 WSD Fresh Water Tank problem

My 2013 FF 214WSD states it has a 36 US gallon (136Litre) fresh water tank. It runs out of water and all I can get in it is 17 US Gallons before it overflows. Has anyone else seen this happen. It shows 1/3 when the pump seems to get air, when its full it reads 2/3 (I know the led gauges are not too accurate.

Wondering if the pick up hose is not al the way to bottom of tank ? It has been like this since I purchased it 4 years ago.
Any thoughts ?

Ken Buehler
Ont Canada

TowBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:09 AM   #2

Ken, the same thing happened to me -- I had the dealership move the pickup to the bottom of the tank. And I also installed crss bracing to keep the tank from sagging, which also improved the effective capacity.

Old 07-04-2022, 10:58 PM   #3

Cruiser did a lousy job installing these fresh water tanks. On my 2010, the water tank hangs between the frame rails and the water outlet is on the side of the tank. Unfortunately, the tank is designed to have a bowed belly, that holds about six gallons below the outlet. I made a water pickup tube that fit into the outlet which allowed me to pump most of the water out of the tank. Putting a outlet on the bottom would also solve the problem.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #4

twinster, I think this is a common problem throughout the industry. There are exceptions, but many trailers have sagging bellies.

Heck, I even know of some trailer owners who suffer from the same thing.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
twinster, I think this is a common problem throughout the industry. There are exceptions, but many trailers have sagging bellies.

Heck, I even know of some trailer owners who suffer from the same thing.
I looked it over years ago and it appears to be molded with a bowed floor out of extremely thick polyethylene plastic. I may be wrong but it would make sense if they were trying to increase the water capacity in the tank without changing the width and length. If that is the case, they still screw up not adding a pickup hose/tube for it.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 02:14 PM   #6

My 2010 XT-245 fresh water tank is labeled as 36 gallons. I measured the outside. Assuming 1/4" thick walls, it calculates to 35.9 gallons. The water pump suction line is connected on the side as close to the bottom as it can be. A bottom connection would have been able to pull more water from the tank.
atwowheelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 05:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowBoy View Post
My 2013 FF 214WSD states it has a 36 US gallon (136Litre) fresh water tank. It runs out of water and all I can get in it is 17 US Gallons before it overflows. Has anyone else seen this happen. It shows 1/3 when the pump seems to get air, when its full it reads 2/3 (I know the led gauges are not too accurate.

Wondering if the pick up hose is not al the way to bottom of tank ? It has been like this since I purchased it 4 years ago.
Any thoughts ?

Ken Buehler
Ont Canada
Hi ken I got my 189fbs in 20111 and had same problem and wondered why I was running out of water. Easy fi to bad Fun finder is to stupid to fix it. remove the spigot for the pick up tube and go to Homedepot or hardware stot and buy 2 feet of tubing and install it cut the end at a good angle to it wont stop the flow of water from being flush with the bottom of the tank. the hose will have a curl in it from being rolled up just make sure its faceing down when you install it hers my post for long ago (Hi all. Have not posted in a while. I bought a 189fds 2011 in Feb of this year. Had up to 18 problems that I think got all fixed up. Not only is this unit cheapy made it's design is very poor. I have just winterized it and bought a cover for her. One real stupid thing they did (and I am going to fix) is you always carry around 10 gal of water in your fresh tank ( for no stupid reason) because the 30 gal plastic fresh water tank sags so bad under the frame that the pick up tube for your pump wont pick up the last 10 gal. I am sill having a problem with 2 leaks up front where the queen bed is. Both out side marker lights leaked, the dealer fixed 1 and I fixed the other one. And I think it is still leaking. Also my dvd player in at the dealer for the last 3 weeks. I took it in cus the dam thing wont play any movies all the way till the end. It freezes and it wont skip to next chapter or play, sometimes if you wait a while it starts working for bit then does it again. Dam, I can't wait to see what problems I will have next season when the warranty stops Salty.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #8

bruce3211

Default Grr! How do I drain all the water from the fresh water tank?
Before anyone makes a snarky comment like open the drain valve, here is the dilemma. I have a 2014 189FDS, had a slit in the sidewall of the fresh water tank that leaked slightly, so working through my dealer Cruiser shipped a new tank to Fargo to have another dealer install it since my dealer is 800 miles away. I was hoping the drain hole was going to be in a different location. Picture the rectangular size of the fresh water tank. My drain plug is located about 2 inches in from the center of the back edge of the tank. It is not located in the low point of the tank, which would be smack dab in the middle of the whole tank in the low spot as it does bow in the center. So when I drain the tank, it leaves at least a couple of gallons of water in the low spot of the tank. There has been 2 times that for some reason it all drained out as it looked like some vacuum had been created and the center of the tank sucked up and sent the water to the back, Is there a magic formula to make this vacuum event happen everytime. I was hoping when Cruiser sent the new water tank that the drain hole would have been in a different location, or no drain hole at all and the dealer could have put it in a more logical spot. How about the low point? Duhhhh. But nope, the same spot as the first one, so I am assuming anyone else with the 189FDS is experiencing the same thing. My main question is this:
1) Is your drain plug in the same location as mine? If so, how do you get all the water out?

One other thing that bugs me. My outlet that feeds the trailer from the fresh water tank is located on the back vertical side wall at least an inch above the lower edge. When you factor in the bow in the tank, the pump stops drawing water with probably 5 to 10 gallons of water left. That seems wierd, again why not put that hose in a more favorable spot that would use, most if not all of the water in the tank.

In 2 weeks we are leaving on a 3 week trip. We have been out 3 weekends so this will be our first big jaunt and we just upgraded to a new Ram 1500 EcoDiesel that I am pretty stoked with. First towing trip got 15.5 mpg compared to 7-9 with my Ridgeline.