Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #1

Default 210UDS vs Brand X

Down to the final two choices. The FF210UDS is lighter, has the ss sink, more tank storage, and a better bathroom and an overall feeling of better quality. However, there are NONE in my part of the world to look at and I'm not going to put my savings down sight unseen. I can walk in Brand X but am concerned about it's weight, resin sinks and tank storage. It has other great features which keep me interested. Our TV is a Tacoma SR5, V-6 with tow/crew cab, long bed. Biggest concern in unavailability of unit and few dealers who carry line. Would like to hear from owners with this trailer as to their experiences and tow-ability with lighter truck.

ETDnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #2

Default We have a 2011 210uds

Hi There,

We have a 2011 210UDS & we tow ours with a Jeep Liberty with have the the Jeep already has a (Transmission Cooler) we had the Hitch, sway system & electric brakes installed. We absolutely love it overall. The quality is good, few small things we had to have adressed with the dealer. Been out 10 -12 times to date this summer! We are 1st time owners & every camground we go to people ask to see inside! It is perfect for 2 people.

We looked at lots of units from dif. Mnfg. & choose this one!
Finding Fun in the Fun Finder!
Best of luck!

Canadian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #3

Default Re: 210UDS vs Brand X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETDnow
Down to the final two choices. The FF210UDS is lighter, has the ss sink, more tank storage, and a better bathroom and an overall feeling of better quality. However, there are NONE in my part of the world to look at and I'm not going to put my savings down sight unseen. I can walk in Brand X but am concerned about it's weight, resin sinks and tank storage. It has other great features which keep me interested. Our TV is a Tacoma SR5, V-6 with tow/crew cab, long bed. Biggest concern in unavailability of unit and few dealers who carry line. Would like to hear from owners with this trailer as to their experiences and tow-ability with lighter truck.
We own a 2011 210WBS, similar and we enjoy it very much, quality is good, we looked at several but the weight and quality and features for the money sold us. We purchased ours at Holman RV near Cin Ohio, we live in Tennessee and we saved about 2,000 dollars by going there to get it. They were very easy to work with. When we picked ours up we had a 2003 Chevrolet S10 with v6 engine, it was rated for the weight and did ok, but we sold it and purchased a 2011 Chev Silverado, as we found that when we loaded the truck and travel trailer it was just a little much for the S10. I dont think I could have gone much heavier than the funfinder with the s10.

I think we might go for the 244 travel trailer next year as we really enjoy the camping thing.

Hope this helps,
FIRSTTIMERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #4

I tow mine with a 2005 Tundra. Has a 4.8 liter
ZZSPIRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #5

We actually ordered and bought our 210UDS sight-unseen one month ago and we're thrilled with it. We live in Canada and it was shipped from Indiana. We used to own a 210X and because it was so well built we took a chance on this one. The UDS is shorter than the 210X (the box measures 18'2") but the slide makes it amazingly roomy inside. The bed is shorter and it would be nicer to have the regular queen but it isn't a deal breaker.

We found lots of upgrades in this trailer in the five years since we bought our last one. There are now drawers under the settee, all drawers have 100% slides, the fridge is bigger, the corner shower is bigger, the air-conditioning is ducted through the ceiling instead of hanging down.

There are a couple of niggly things that need fixing under warranty, like a leaking hot-water cap underneath the trailer. The slide-out TV didn't work for us. We bought a better TV and place it on the stove to watch it. We now use the cupboard for storage. We also found the kitchen taps cheap and plastic-y. We're putting in stainless steel set.

We tow with a Toyota Tacoma. The narrow width of the trailer is great with our truck.
Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #6

I purchased mine site unseen. I reviewed all I could on the net and factory web site before deciding on the XT276.
I contated a dealer out of state 'cause no dealer in state carried them. With a series of emails, tons of questions which the dealer always promptly responded to (a big plus IMHO), I felt comfortable in placing an order and making a deposit.
I am very pleased with my purchase.