Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #1

Default 230DS SlideOut Questions

Sorry for all the posts but I can't wait to get to San Antonio and get our Funfinder on the road for Christmas. First it needs a PDI that it didn't get at the factory (they promised one but my expectations were not high), I need to install the batteries and the tanks.

As for the slide, what is under the sofa? It is like a big box and I am thinking maybe a tank or something? Is there access to under the sofa from the inside? The outside compartment is very narrow and long.

Also, I never did find the manual crank for the slide. I assume I can buy one but there is no info in the manual on how to/where to use the manual crank. Any ideas? I assume they are electric no cables?

Thanks in advance for the help.

qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #2

Default Cruiserrv Customer Service !!!!!!!!!!!

You just purchased a travel trailer from the WORST company there is for customer service. See previous posts about contacting a Tom Peck, he supposedly is a good service rep. I left several messages and e-mails about problems with our TT and NEVER once received a reply. The reason I was contacting him was because I was having difficulty getting warranty service done. Trailer was 5 months old. Great customer service UGH!
Your problems.
1 DO NOT take delivery of your TT if they have not given you a battery. I never heard of a company not giving you a battery.
2 DO NOT take delivery of your TT until you get a PDI
3 Your slide, I am not familiar with this model, but I doubt if there is a tank under it. Maybe someone else can help you with this.
4 Manual crank of slide. There should be a in-out switch located inside the trailer. In case of no power or something being wrong with the slide motors, I was told by the dealer who I purchase from and also had someone at customer service verify ,can't remember who it was, tell me that the ONLY way to manually move the slide was to remove the paneling at the floor inside the trailer to get to the motors and then dis-engage them and then manually push the slide in. But don't worry the slide motors NEVER give out, Ya. If there is anyone out there that has better information on the manually moving of the slide please post.
Are all you owners out there aware that Cruiserrv has TWO warranties, the one they tell you about which is 1 yr. but when you want warranty work on many, many things only have a 90 day warranty on repairs THEY will have to, foot the bill for.
Let me finish by saying that these problem exist with all companies selling TT but when it comes to customer service, buyer be ware.

2011 Cheveolet 2500HD 4x4
Intergtated Brake Controller
ARE Camper Shell
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Honda EU2000ia
Days Camped/2011/37 4200 Miles Towing
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #3

I purposely accepted the trailer without a battery. This trailer was a consignment taken back by Cruiser and sold directly from the factory to me. It apparently didn't get the PDI I was promised and the factory is 1500 miles away.

I received a steep discount, so steep I am embarrassed to say what it was. Thanks though for the warning.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #4

In my 210 there are two access points for manually moving the slide manually... There is a gap between the box the sofa sits on and the outside wall, on the right hand side. If you can look thru that gap, you'll see the end of a metal rod that has a hex shape. Can't remember the size of the socket that fits, 1/2" maybe, but, a socket fits and can be used to turn the motor shaft from that point. You can also remove the front of the "box", upholstered on my 210, by gently prying off the two buttons, one each side, to reveal a screw underneath. Remove the two screws and you'll be able to lift the entire front of the "box" off. Inside, you'll see the motor and associated wiring, the long shaft that runs all the way across and the two cogs that drive two toothed tracks for driving the slide in and out. The end of the shaft is accessible from there also.

I made the front of my "box" snap-on as opposed to screwed on as one of my mods to the TT. Makes underside access easy and gives me some more storage space. CruiserRV doesn't provide a "special wrench" for manually moving the slide since any standard socket set or open/closed wrench will suffice and should be a part of the "tool kit" you should take with you to handle routine "repairs".

As for two warranties...can't speak to that as I've never had any warranty work done on mine, but, I would imagine that there are actually three warranties involved...the 1 year on construction and materials, perhaps a 90 day on electronics (standard for a lot of electronics) and then the component warranties (HW tank, refeer, microwave, etc.) handled by their manufacturers and not CruiserRV.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #5

Thanks Webslave, I will be with my new 230 on the 19th of December and will take off the cover under the sofa just to become familiar with it. Also, the mod you did is a great idea to increase the storage.

chris
Old 12-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #6

its not even ethical let alone safe for a company to not do a pdi, huge liability if there is a lp leak. I would recommend a lp drop pressure and regulator lock up test before you use this trailer for the first time. any rv dealer or service shop can perform this test. safety first!!
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:19 AM   #7

Agreed and that will be done next week when I get to the trailer. I attempted to contact the sales person at the factory about "not" providing me with a PDI as promised but I haven't received a reply. The parts department and accounting are very helpful. Sales department s----.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #8

webslave,

would you happen to have any pics of your mods for the 230DS? i am interested in utilizing the space under the sofa.

also, over christmas holiday, i fixed all of the issues with the rv. all minor fixes. the gas was a hose to the regulator which was not put on correctly, needed tightening and now passed the test.

hope to have it here in mexico by the end of the month and using it regularly.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #9

The only pictures I have of any of the mods I've done are the sewer hose container I built for the rear end of the TT and my "utilities" setup, a fellow on another forum wanted to see how I set them up. I suppose that I should be better about taking photographic documentation. I'm afraid that I just get these ideas without really thinking about "saving for posterity" what I've done...

I believe you have a new 230 and I'm not sure that the 230's (new) slide out is built the same as the '08 210WBS that I have. Seems to me that the new models have a deeper slide (mine is only about 18" deep) and that they are built differently (the slide platform actually extends all the way to the floor). My TT is "put away" for the winter (covered and tied tightly), so, I won't be able to get into it until the worst of the winter weather here is done with. I can maybe take pictures then, if you like, just for reference use.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote