Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #1

Default 29' 266KIRB and 2015 F-150 Questions

I'm new and did a quick search but didn't find anything on this subject. I have two topics and could use the advice of experienced RV'rs.

1) I have an opportunity to get a good deal on a 2014 29' Fun Finder 266KIRB. It's in great shape. What's everyone experience with this manufacturer/model? Is Cruiser RV a quality manufacturer? IS the 266KIRB a good model that's relatively trouble free?

2) I'll be towing with a 2015 F-150 Supercrew 3.5 turbo and the Max tow package. It looks like this trailer has a gross weight of 7500 lbs. My trucks has a max trailer weight rating of 11,700 so I think I'm good but I'd welcome any feedback/advice from anyone towing a similar size weight/size trailer.

I'm an RV greenhorn. Be gentle. Thank you.

msquared100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquared100 View Post
I'm new and did a quick search but didn't find anything on this subject. I have two topics and could use the advice of experienced RV'rs.

1) I have an opportunity to get a good deal on a 2014 29' Fun Finder 266KIRB. It's in great shape. What's everyone experience with this manufacturer/model? Is Cruiser RV a quality manufacturer? IS the 266KIRB a good model that's relatively trouble free?

2) I'll be towing with a 2015 F-150 Supercrew 3.5 turbo and the Max tow package. It looks like this trailer has a gross weight of 7500 lbs. My trucks has a max trailer weight rating of 11,700 so I think I'm good but I'd welcome any feedback/advice from anyone towing a similar size weight/size trailer.

I'm an RV greenhorn. Be gentle. Thank you.

#1... like almost all trailers, it depends on which day of the week it was built and what they were smoking that day. Mine is pretty solid but I have found a few minor glitches.

#2 I think you will be fine if you truck is rated that high... no problem. Get the right hitch and use it properly. Be careful backing up, turning corners, and pulling into gas stations. Watch out for distracted teenage drivers who run the red light while adjusting the radio.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote