Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2018, 12:03 AM   #21

today we traded in the T139 for a AR one 18QB. I was sad for about 5 minutes. new trailer tows well, vehicle computer showed mpg pretty close to towing fun finder. Queen bed with access, slightly bigger kitchen and bah. I feel fickle, but happy. incredibly so over the new camper.

I know there will be times I wished for a smaller, more nimble trailer. 18' is less than double the little t139, but sometimes feels like more and in ways feels like less than double.

I guess the bottom line is we are still camping, enjoying it and going out there!

Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:36 AM   #22

That is a great layout, you're going to love it! Our next trailer will also have a walk around bed, I'm too old to crawl under the shelf anymore LOL

Your camper is going to feel a lot bigger because it is it's actually 22' long. They put only the box measurement in the model now, so 18' is the actual living area box size and overall it's 22' from hitch to bumper. Not sure why they changed this. My present Fun Finder X 189FBR is 18' overall - the "box" is 15'. Our next trailer, Grand Design 19RLE is 23.5' overall.

Enjoy your new camper!

Liz

PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:47 AM   #23

Right, it's actually a hair under 21' bumper to tongue. Everyone has said "backing up a bigger trailer is easy" but I didn't believe them. Backed it into the driveway first try and it actually is pretty easy! This is a fun finder forum and I loved my fun finder, mostly because it was such a livable small space. Mine was made well, looked good and I know I'll miss it sometimes. I've learned that with campers, everything is some kind of trade off. This new one is a pretty good balance of our needs, so I'm happy.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #24

That's almost the same floorplan as our 210. Congratulations and happy camping in it.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:40 PM   #25

we have only taken the new trailer out once, and the only adverse conditions was NM winds preceding a rain storm. we tightened up the anti-sway bar and all was well. milage isn't greatly different, neither is towing or backing up. I'm happy to see on their web site that the T139 sold. I congratulated them on a quick turn around, and we are all happy.