Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #1

Default Bathroom access in 210 UDS

We are about to order a 210 UDS. Our much-loved and enjoyed 210X was badly injured in an accident last week so we have to replace it. We've never had a slide before so are wondering if access to the bathroom is possible if we pull off to the side of the road and don't open the slide. Can anyone tell us, please?

Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #2

Default Bathroom access

We own a 2012 210UDS, and no, you cannot get into the bathroom with the slide in. Nor can you get into the refrigerator with the slide in. Not unless you are exceptionally skinny. But, we knew this when we bought the trailer, and it is not a problem for us. Enjoy your camper, we are pleased with ours so far.

EDLCRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #3

Default Re: Bathroom access in 210 UDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreen
We are about to order a 210 UDS. Our much-loved and enjoyed 210X was badly injured in an accident last week so we have to replace it. We've never had a slide before so are wondering if access to the bathroom is possible if we pull off to the side of the road and don't open the slide. Can anyone tell us, please?
First of all, welcome to the forum ! And do tell.....your other camper was "badly injured" ? Ouch ! Care to share the details ?

As for lack of bathroom access with slide closed, that would be a show stopper for me. In my 189FDS I can get into everything except two drawers when the slide is in. I like to stop mid-day, and have lunch in the camper, and it's good to be able to use the frig and bathroom.
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #4

We too have a FF 210UDS. We are on the road now-cross country from TN to the west coast. A minor inconvenience to have to put the slide out to use the bathroom or fridge. But - everywhere we've stopped we've had room to put out the slide, get to the bathroom and fridge and even enjoy lunch.
R/
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #5

Default Bathroom access in 210 UDS

To answer your question about the accident, gmw, my husband and a friend were in our Toyota Tacoma when our Fun Finder 210X suddenly went out of control. We had the best anti-sway bars and electric brakes but the trailer bounced back and forth a couple of times and swung out beside the passenger side of the truck. Truck and trailer were suddenly sliding down the (somewhat quiet) highway sideways. They hit an oncoming pick-up truck and all three went off the highway into the ditch. No one was hurt but all three vehicles were totalled. We have no idea what happened. The box of the trailer sheared off the chassiz completely and went flying a ways down the road. We wondered if maybe a couple of bolts holding the box to the chassiz sheared off first and unseated the box but we'll likely never know. What impressed us about our 5-yr. old FF 210X is that the box frame stayed remarkably intact even after landing on its side. The frame was as straight as could be, it just had no wheels. We think it was made very well. We live in Canada and have towed the 210 all the way to the Arctic Ocean and through Alaska. We loved it.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #6

Default Re: Bathroom access in 210 UDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreen
To answer your question about the accident, gmw, my husband and a friend were in our Toyota Tacoma when our Fun Finder 210X suddenly went out of control. We had the best anti-sway bars and electric brakes but the trailer bounced back and forth a couple of times and swung out beside the passenger side of the truck. Truck and trailer were suddenly sliding down the (somewhat quiet) highway sideways. They hit an oncoming pick-up truck and all three went off the highway into the ditch. No one was hurt but all three vehicles were totalled. We have no idea what happened. The box of the trailer sheared off the chassiz completely and went flying a ways down the road. We wondered if maybe a couple of bolts holding the box to the chassiz sheared off first and unseated the box but we'll likely never know. What impressed us about our 5-yr. old FF 210X is that the box frame stayed remarkably intact even after landing on its side. The frame was as straight as could be, it just had no wheels. We think it was made very well. We live in Canada and have towed the 210 all the way to the Arctic Ocean and through Alaska. We loved it.
Wow ! That's scary. Glad to hear no one was hurt.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #7

Glad you are okay. As I too have a tacoma looking for a 189 model (currently own x-139).

Is that your main towing vehicle?
tractng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng
Glad you are okay. As I too have a tacoma looking for a 189 model (currently own x-139).

Is that your main towing vehicle?
I'm not the OP, but I'll chime in here. I use a Nissan Frontier ( '06 4WD, 4.0V-6, CrewCab, six speed manual ) to pull my 189FDS. The Frontier and Tacoma are very similar in size and capacities. This size truck seems to be a good match for these sub-4000 lb campers. I average 13 mpg pulling, and between 18 and 22 not pulling with this truck.

george
Old 06-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #9

Yes, the Toyota Tacoma is our tow vehicle. It has a towing package and it has been great for us. We towed our 210X through Yukon, NW Territories and Alaska. We like FF because the trailers are 7'6" wide. The wider trailers would block our vision and the Tacoma isn't a full-size truck.