Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #1

Default Bugs in my new X210 (But I Love It)

Really love my new X210. Just took it on it's first trip to the beach and we had a great time. Just wondering if anyone else has had some of the same issues I had?
1. The TV really sucks. Cruser RV should upgrade the TV. Paid a lot of money for top of the line unit and got a dime store TV. I feel I need to a new TV and throw this one one in the dump.
2. One of the electric stabilizer jacks quit working. I wish they would have just put a good set of manual jacks on the camper. I see these are just going to cause me a lot of problems. New one on order I guess through the dealer. Dealer said they have had other problems with the jacks.
3. AC keeps kicking the breaker in the unit. Dealer claims they found a lose wire in AC unit. Afraid to leave my dog alone even for a few minutes until I am certain this issue is resolved. Anyone else having this issue?
4. The Estone stero unit came without the Ipod jack. I have searched high and low for the jack to operate my Ipod. No information on the web regarding Estone or how to purchase the jack. Can anyone advise if their unit came with this jack or how to purchase?
Other than these issues I am working on I love the camper. Took out the front cabinet bunk and this really opened up the unit. Put shelves in the in closet and made a pantry and this was a big help.

210GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #2

Congrats on the trailer!!

It is funny 3 of the 4 issues you had I had a problem with too!

1. That TV is garbage! On our first trip we ended up driving into a nearby town to a Walmart and bought a 19" flat screen they had on sale and have never looked back.

2. Ours didn't come with electric jacks, but the crank style ones on it are pretty low budget jobs! I had to replace the "A" frame jack at the front of the trailer after the gears stripped on it, we replaced it with a much better unit.

3. no problems with the AC or Electrical, so I am knocking on wood with that one!

4. The Stereo/CD/Surround Sound unit that came in ours looks like it was made by the same people who made the TV. That thing was horrible! I ended up replacing it with a Panasonic Automotive head unit that has CD/Ipod-Interface/Aux capabilities, hooked to a pioneer amp and new Polk Audio 4" speakers in the ceiling and Polk Audio 6X9's speakers in small cabinets. Also purchased a Sony Blu-Ray player and run the audio through the Panasonic "Aux" input, and it sounds pretty good.

Sounds like you have customized it pretty good! Have you "DeBadged" you trailer yet?

Equalizer Hitch
2011 Nomad 206
Panasonic/Pioneer/Kicker ~ Audio/Video System
Days Camped /2009 / 33
keyser soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #3

1. My tv fell off the shelf on the way home from the dealership . You'd think that the dealership would strap it down if they are going to place it.

Never replaced it, don't regret it. Our whole mentality with purchasing a small trailer is that we don't want to spend any time in the trailer unless it's storming. If we replaced the tv, I know I'd be watching something.

4. Just replace the Headunit. you will get much better sound/functality out of it.

Quote:
Other than these issues I am working on I love the camper. Took out the front cabinet bunk and this really opened up the unit. Put shelves in the in closet and made a pantry and this was a big help.
Let's see pics of the mods. I want to put shelves in the closet also.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #4

Default Pictures

I posted some pictures of the modifications I made to my X210 on the modifications and repairs listing. I would highly suggest taking out the bunk/cabinet if you can get by without it.
210GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #5

Agree totally with the TV.....absolute junk. I now have a Sharp TV, use the sorry one I took out for games in the house.

I bought one of those i pod player holders that you plug into the cigarette? lighter and tune it to an FM station. There is a cigarette lighter-type receptacle in behind your TV. I plugged in this little ditty and bingo, I have wonderful ipod music to play through the trailer stereo set. Works great.

2009 FF 189FBS
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #6
Van

Another owner who hates the TV. Jebus, that thing is a piece of junk. Since we have the discontinued 25' FF, it is at the far end of the trailer from the bed. Bedtime is the only time we watch any tv while out camping. So, i told the wife we needed something better and that we could see. I went to Costco and bought a 19" HD LCD/DVD combo set and love it. Mounted the swinging arm mount on the overhead cabinet above the dining table. Couldnt be happier. The old piece of crap just collects dust in its cubby hole now.

I replaced the cheap stabilizer jacks on my TT with some BAL scissor-type jacks. Only regret is i waited so long to do it.

No issues with our AC

Fortunately, our stock stereo/cd/dvd "entertainment center" came with an axillary jack that we can plug our ipod into. It is handy, especially sine we like to listen to music on the exterior speakers. I would replace it if i was in your shoes.

Good luck
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #7

my 160 came with the ipod cord for the radio, also has a universal 1/8" cord, they were in the drawer under the stove
Old 10-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #8

just picked up a 26 inch sony great tv to replace what came with are unit .