Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2020, 02:13 PM   #1

Post Cruiser RV Vendor contacts/Phone numbers

Found this in the back of the cabinet, over the sink in my 2012 139X.

Not sure how current it is.
Does anyone have a more up to date list in their cabinet?

WaltzingMatilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:43 PM   #2

I don't have an updated list, but I notice on your list that the tires are under "Tredit." Before heading off to Baja, you might want to make sure that there are fairly new tires on your trailer. I would recommend the new Goodyear Endurance. (I chose Load Range D, which is a very beefy tire.)

True story (and this will connect up) -- many, many years ago, when I was in high school (1968!), my family took a car trip to Mazatlan from Southern California. At that time, I spoke decent (but not great) Spanish, so I was the designated translator.

As we are speeding down the highway after crossing the border, my dad asks me, "What does 'topes' mean?"

As I start to leaf through my dictionary, the car goes airborne and slams down onto the roadway, blowing a tire. My dad slammed on the brakes.

The car skidded to a halt. Then I replied, "Speed bump."

Old 11-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #3
Site Team

I had never heard of Tredit before so I googled them. They are a supplier (not a manufacturer) of tires and wheels to trailer industry. Interestingly they still carry the wheels that are on my 2009 FF - and list the wheel the specs which is handy. So if you need to replace a wheel this would be good place to look.
They also have a range of tires available including Goodyear Endurance. No pricing listed though.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 10:18 AM   #4

Looks similar to the one in the cabinet above the sink in my 2012. The camper is in winter storage some 3 miles away so haven't looked.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #5

Default Re:Tires (not originals)

These are the tires currently on my trailer- "Freestar" brand.

I'm not familiar with them- but found this review:
https://tirereviewsandmore.com/freestar-m-108-reviews/

Anyone else use them, or have experience with Freestar tires?
Is there a benefit of going to a 15" wheel- does it help with clearance?

WaltzingMatilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:20 PM   #6

I am pretty sure those are made in China -- look carefully at the sidewall. The new Endurance is made in the USA. They cost a lot. But on a single axle trailer, I am ultra cautious.

The Endurance also has a much higher speed rating. That does not mean you should go fast. But it does mean that the manufacturer has a lot of confidence in the tires. US firms (like Goodyear) know that they are exposed to lawsuits brought by unhappy (or injured) customers, and they build in a big margin of safety as a result.

The Chinese companies are theoretically liable but keep their assets in China, safe from liability claims. They have less of a bottom-line incentive to avoid liability.

And a bigger tire will give you a little more clearance. It'll also give you thicker sidewalls, which is a good thing.

Some very knowledgeable folks (which I am not) recommend LT tires, designed for light trucks. The manufacturers recommend ST tires, designed for trailers (thicker sidewalls, I think). My theory is that the manufacturers will recommend whatever minimizes their exposure to liability. So I depend on their self-interest to guide my choice of ST tires. I am an expert on corporate behavior when faced with corporate liability (a law professor for 38 years) but NOT an expert on tires, so take what I say with a big grain of salt.

One more thing -- figure out how old those tires are. There is a DOT code on them somewhere. If they are more than five years old, get rid of them for sure.

Hang in there -- yes, there is a steep learning curve to all of this, but things are going to get easier for you!!
Old 11-15-2020, 07:51 AM   #7

This is what you are looking for on a tire. Like mentioned in the previous post, the first 2 numbers are the week and last two are the year of production. Trailer tires looks can be deceiving. Age is the biggest cause of failure on tires. Most people do not wear them out on their rv, Unless they are stored inside I wouldn't trust used trailer tires over 7 years old. Silverado
Attached Thumbnails
determine-age-of-tires-2.jpg  
Old 11-29-2020, 11:19 AM   #8

Freestar are Chinese imports. Their "warrantee" (if any) is to replace ONLY the tire if found defective. Their warrantee, as well as ALL Chinese manufactured tires does not cover the hundreds if not thousands of dollars of damage the tire does to the trailer when it blows and rips out the wheel well and everything else around it. Buy quality trailer tires, it's cheap insurance. Unfortunately, Goodyear is the last American made, quality trailer tire left, expensive but again, cheap insurance.
mjpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #9

I have been running Maxxis tires on my dual axles on my 189. and been very happy with them. Here in Colorado often run at 65 mph. I also have installed a TPMS, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, ever since I had a tire blowout with the original chinese tires. A far as the info on the suppliers of various components...so many companies have come and gone in the rv industry it is best to look them up on the internet. My fresh water tank has developed a crack and after many months of looking, since the original manufacturer has gone out of business, I finally found a replacement tank almost identical to the oriiginal tank, although I haven't yet ordered it.

Rocky Mtn marmot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty