Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2016, 08:21 AM   #1

Default Down to 1 trailer

I sold my little popup so it's official I am a Fun Finder Only owner.
Posted the popup on craiglist on Saturday at 4:00. Started getting calls and texts within 15 min. 1st person I spoke with set an appointment for 9:00 Sunday morning and they bought it. I probably could have gotten more money but it sold fast and went to a nice couple. The popup would only sleep 4 because it only had 1 pull out bed. I had a couple with 4 kids that really wanted it probably just because of the price. It really would have been cramped with 6 people even if some were small.
Now to get serious with working on the t-160. Not too much to do but camping season is just around the corner.

"Skinny people are easier to kidnap...eat more pie"
PieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:48 AM   #2

Well done! Pricing it slightly below market was a smart move -- you got rid of it quickly, without a lot of time wasted showing the trailer to reluctant buyers, followed by a lot of negotiations.

Weren't you going to have a sleepover with the grandkids this weekend? (Maybe I am confusing you with someone else -- if so, I am sorry.) How did it go??

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Well done! Pricing it slightly below market was a smart move -- you got rid of it quickly, without a lot of time wasted showing the trailer to reluctant buyers, followed by a lot of negotiations.

Weren't you going to have a sleepover with the grandkids this weekend? (Maybe I am confusing you with someone else -- if so, I am sorry.) How did it go??
Yes we had the sleep over. Put all 4 kids on the dinette bed width wise. That worked great. I slept on the couch which wasn't too bad. As usual it took the kids a while to calm down and go to sleep but they slept until 7:00 in the morning which was great. I turned on the outside porch light which gave a nice amount of light for a "night light".
We all had a great time.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:36 AM   #4

I gotta say this -- I sure envy folks with grandchildren. Both of my grown sons have decided not to have any kids, for a variety of good reasons. And yes, the absence of grandchildren means that we are not tied down with babysitting, and we can do more adventurous and difficult trips than we could ever do with small grandchildren along for the ride. But still, there is something missing.

Thank goodness we spent a lot of "quality time" with our kids when they were small -- I have a lot of fond memories of those days. (And some not so fond, but that is the way it always goes.)

Anyway, enjoy your camping trips with them!!
Old 04-25-2016, 01:49 PM   #5

We don't have the grandkids yet.... then again only one is married ( of 3).
But our youngest spent the first month and a half of her life in a neonatal unit. There's a reality check for ya...Lots of hero's working there.
anyway, lots of young ones there could just use one hour of Human touch ..... just need to check with the hospital, for those types of programs. Lots have em!
T town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #6

Good idea, T town! Now if the neonatal unit would only let me take the kids camping, too . . . (Just kidding.)
Old 04-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #7

You could go to the children's ward .... probably let you "camp" in a conf/waiting room..?? or, some facilities might have some "fresh air" places.

We spent many years as our daughter grew, at a summer camp just for kids with different issues. One week cancer camp, spina bifida... even one for kids who had suffered a loss of a parent... ours was for "heart" kids. Always had a blast campin in cabins !
T town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieGuy View Post
I sold my little popup so it's official I am a Fun Finder Only owner.
Posted the popup on craiglist on Saturday at 4:00. Started getting calls and texts within 15 min. 1st person I spoke with set an appointment for 9:00 Sunday morning and they bought it. I probably could have gotten more money but it sold fast and went to a nice couple. The popup would only sleep 4 because it only had 1 pull out bed. I had a couple with 4 kids that really wanted it probably just because of the price. It really would have been cramped with 6 people even if some were small.
Now to get serious with working on the t-160. Not too much to do but camping season is just around the corner.
Congrats on the sale, PieGuy... Any ideas on where you are taking your FF on her first voyage??

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:40 PM   #9

We are planning on going camping May 13, 14 & 15. I'll have to watch the weather. We've never went this early. Looking forward to a warm and dry place to sleep and hang out if it is nasty out.
I want to see if there are any boondock places East of Denver that will be lower in elevation and hopefully warmer. Most of the places that ear like will still have snow.