Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #1

Default FF 189FDS PROBLEMS WITH CRAP TRAILER

Worked my butt off to buy a trailer. FF are crap trailers. my wife and I bought it Feb this year, and so far have used it once and we have a lot of problems. Took it out and had some problems with it. Heres the list. 1. seams are not sealed on top of slide 2.outside shower has major water leak when used 3. eleceric toung jack quit working 4. cable line was cut in to. 5.Leaks in 2 spots at front under mattress 6.shock that holds door open broke off 7.some lug nuts are strpped. 8.mattress has a tear in it. Taking this peice of crap in to get fixed next week we see how well they do. If auto compcnys make their cars reliable why cant rv companys? Its good we all can have this support group for all our shitty trailers. Salty

Saltynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #2

Default Crap Trailer

Sorry to hear about your trailer problems. Hopefully, the dealer will address your problems. You did mention one problem that I have some experience with and that's the electric tongue jack. mine has an inline fuse in the A-frame wiring. It's hard to see unless you look under the A-frame and trace the wiring. I blew it twice before I learned to slowly creep up on the high limit switch when retracting the jack. Hope the fuse is your problem. It's a cheap fix.

Patient and understanding wife
dlhilliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip dlhilliard. I Never thought of checking the fuse cus beford it died it was sometimes working sometimes not and the motor was straining hard when she quit. It is in the shop right now tiill next week getting a list of 15 or so items for them to fix. Thanks Salty
Saltynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #4

I am still waiting for cruser to send me a new electric tongue jack. The old one did crap out.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #5

Default FunFinder quality

My FF-189 has been relatively free of defects, knock on wood, but I see some real horror stories on this forum. From what I recall, you have had your share of problems. I wonder if Cruiser occasionally "farms out" the production of some FF models to other manufacturers? There are several plants around Elkhart so what's to keep Cruiser from doing so if their plant gets scheduled up.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #6

Default Re: FunFinder quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhilliard
My FF-189 has been relatively free of defects, knock on wood, but I see some real horror stories on this forum. From what I recall, you have had your share of problems. I wonder if Cruiser occasionally "farms out" the production of some FF models to other manufacturers? There are several plants around Elkhart so what's to keep Cruiser from doing so if their plant gets scheduled up.
! NO- NO- NO Don't knock on wood it might fall off
Megabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #7

Default FunFinder quality

Do I have any real wood in the FunFinder?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #8

Default Our is Used and we love it.

Jim and I have not had any problems wit our 2006 189 FF.

Everything works great.
marigold1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #9

Default Re: Our is Used and we love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold1953
Jim and I have not had any problems wit our 2006 189 FF.

Everything works great.
You and Jim should be buying lottery tickets. Salty
Old 07-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #10

I look at some of these Post and see that the PROBLEMS are 2011 FDS's Boy-o-Boy if I can do it all over , I had it with my NEW 2011 FDS JUNK , Its Not a FunFinder , ( Its a NIGHTMARE )
Megabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #11

Default 189fbs reply

just got my new 2012 189fbs. looks like they heard everyone and fixed al the probs.
rick4921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #12

Default 2009 189FDS

No problems with my 2009.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #13

Anything you buy in this world is hit or miss. As I stated before, I think the travel trailer industry has the least amount of craftsmanship or R&D of anyhting on wheels. Some of us, like myself, have been lucky and we have had very good luck with our 2011 FF. I have heard that Funfinder corprate does suck in trying to get warranty work done and most RV dealers suck even worse. I wouldn't say FF trailers are junk. I would however agree with those that have had the numerous problems. I think even the most expensive trailer or MH will give you the same problems if not built correctly. Stay on your dealer's back about repairs. Things like the matress are a given. Even though they state "a luxurious pillow top matress" that a line of bull. Suck it up and purchase a good one if you want a good night sleep. Leeks on the other hand should be delt with with the utmost importance at your dealer. Stay on them and hopefully after this mess, you can enjoy your funfinder

starbuc71 is offline   Reply With Quote