Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #1

Default Fun Finder bumper mounted grill

So I'm in the process of buying a 2016 FF F-233 RBS and I'd really like the factory option bumper mounted grill. I rented a Viewfinder and having the grill connected to the trailer's propane was great. The issue is the dealer wants $550 to provide and install the factory grill. My inclination is to suck it up and pay the money since I assume the grill will perfectly integrate/fit the FF. Is this the case, or are there aftermarket options available that I could install myself for less $$$? I already have a Coleman travel grill which is great, but really rather heavy and relies on its own small propane canisters rather than being hooked up to the trailer's LP supply.

Cheers
Simon

AnimalHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #2

Several sites come up if you do a google search: RV bumper mounted grill.

Here is one such site:

https://www.etrailer.com/search/Rv+B...+Grill+Bracket

or here:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57305-O...s+bumper+mount

Old 06-22-2016, 05:16 PM   #3

Ah, I see! Thanks! I had erroneously assumed that the factory grill and mount would be better than anything aftermarket - it looks like the grill that comes with the FF is actually pretty crappy when compared with some of the aftermarket grills. I had no idea you could buy aftermarket bumper mounts for these RVs.

Cheers
Simon
Old 06-22-2016, 11:10 PM   #4

I actually thought about a grill. My wife suggested that I look at our grill in the back yard and asked if I wanted to put that greasy mess in the camper when we travel. I ended up putting in a cook top instead. I guess if I can't grill over a fire pit, I wont be grilling at all.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #5

My XT276 came with an included grill (and storage bag) that mounts on the factory installed bar on the side of the camper. It works very well so am pleased. I did buy a 10' extension LP hose so it can be set on a picnic table too.

I've found most items for a camper as also available using a google search or ebay or amazon, etc. and often at a more economical price than from an RV dealership.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #6

Thumbs up

Since we were spoiled with a natural gas hookup on our home grill, we ordered the bumper grill setup when ordering our Fun Finder. My husband loves and glad for the convenience!
Old 06-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #7

Thanks for the tips. I've decided to forego the bumper grill until I have taken delivery of the FF and will then order an aftermarket one separately.

Cheers
Simon