Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 08:17 PM   #1

Default Fun Finder Needs to Revive the 139!

There is so much demand for old 139s. Why? Because there is nothing currently on the market that is comparable. C'mon, Fun Finder -- let's start making the 139 again! My 2012 model won't last forever . . . .

Seriously, try to find a new hard sided trailer that has a 12 foot long box with full features -- inside kitchen, queen size bed, full bathroom, decent size tanks, etc.

(I assume someone at Fun Finder follows this forum, right??)

Old 09-03-2020, 07:56 AM   #2

Having just recently sold my two last trailers I can tell you there's huge demand for smaller 2-person trailers that can be pulled with an SUV or Crossover.

There's the T@B teardrop types, but man, those are a little too small. Being able to stand up all throughout the trailer is better.

My 139FK is pretty much perfect for me, the wife and, our 2 dogs. My only wish was for a slightly larger bathroom. (I'd give up the kitchen for a larger bathroom.) I like to manspread when doing my business. ;p

Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #3
APD

Talking

We should have a rally. Not just 139's but invite everyone and have the 139's host. Maybe two rallys, an east and west held at the same time......
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #4

I'm not going anywhere near people right now...
Old 09-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #5

APD, I tried to host a party in my 139 once -- dinner for four. One of my guests said, "This is like trying to make dinner in the bathroom of an airplane." The trailer is a lot cleaner than that, but he was right -- it resembled a Marx Brothers movie.

Never again!
Old 09-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post

(I assume someone at Fun Finder follows this forum, right??)
Not to my knowledge. The forum has no affiliation with Funfinder (Thor), and I've never seen a post from anyone who said that they were.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #7

But one would think that they might be lurking -- this forum is one of the only ones focused on the FF line. Wouldn't they want feedback from the fan base??
Old 09-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
Site Team

You would think so. If they have, they haven't identified themselves. OTOH, we are a pretty small forum. There is also a Facebook group, I don't have an account so I've never accessed it, but maybe FF has a presence there.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #9
APD

Smile

My wife follows the FB group. There seems to be more 139's over there than here!

AND, a rally is not that hard to arrange, depending on number of attendees. Most campgrounds welcome groups and offer good discounts. I've arranged trunk-ins/van events with assistance from campgrounds that went very well.
Covid might cut out the band and the pot-luck supper.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 09-09-2020, 10:00 AM   #10

JTA, are all of the R-pods, Hummingbirds, Winnie Drops, and Starcraft Satellite trailers a lot larger or just different than a FF 139? I have seen a lot of them in the campgrounds and on the roads.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #11
APD

Talking

Price. I believe the current hike I've noticed in prices for the 139's is based on the high cost of current/newer models in the same size/weight. That and the current interest from first time buyers.
The prices I've seen for the small campers is sometimes as high or higher than larger models. Dealers are not as motivated to offer discounts because the smaller models move faster. Covid 19 has moved a lot of folks into the RV market, especially younger couples and small families.
If a new 139 was introduced I believe we would see it priced in a similar range or higher than what's out there now.

My 2%.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 09-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #12

Biggest issue I have with the 139 is you need to disassemble the table to make it a bed. Seems like that would get old pretty fast. IMHO the 189 is better for 2 people with a dedicated bed and eating area for two. The mileage towing either would be about the same and I tow my 189 with a Highlander so most medium SUV can handle it.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #13

twinster, you are right about the bed/dinette issue -- especially when I want to take a rest before dinner. Make the bed, take a rest, unmake the bed, have dinner, later re-make the bed.

But it is worth it, to us -- the trailer is so small that it fits on our driveway (no storage fees!) and fits into any campsite, even when boondocking in a dense forest.

So I would get a similar trailer the next time I am in the market, despite the bed/table problem. But it is not everyone's cup of tea, of course!!
Old 09-09-2020, 02:45 PM   #14
APD

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
Biggest issue I have with the 139 is you need to disassemble the table to make it a bed. Seems like that would get old pretty fast. IMHO the 189 is better for 2 people with a dedicated bed and eating area for two. The mileage towing either would be about the same and I tow my 189 with a Highlander so most medium SUV can handle it.
Ours is the FK or front kitchen model. It has twin beds (well, 25'x75") in the rear. Almost perfect for two people. The front bath is somewhat smaller.
We probably wouldn't like the side kitchen model quite as much....
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 09-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #15

We have a 189 that has a 16’ box We can pull with our Pathfinder or our Ram1500. Not sure I would want anything smaller - if I did, I’d splurge fo an Airstream Basecamp. My Funfinder by CruiserRV Is junk and I spend more time repairing it than camping in it some summers.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:56 PM   #16

Over 4 years with our 139 fbs. Almost perfect but it's time for a new bed.
She's the 18 foot with the couch. White interior brown and beige couch.
Has anyone replaced the jack knife sofa?
Frosty's Fun Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #17

I can definitely see the allure of a full featured (large bed, inside toilet/shower & kitchen) with hard sides and high enough to stand in. The "newer" models on the market; R-Pod, T@B, Scamp etc seemm to be full featured but those features appear to be "crammed" into minimally available space! I have thought about a smaller FF than our x210 but my wife thinks otherwise .
With the increased demand for small TTs towable with regular SUVs and the relatively high prices that even used models are demanding, I find it hard to see why Cruiser RV wouldn't want to get back in the game with a reintroduction of the 139. It would seem to make good business sense.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:01 AM   #18

We decided to keep our 139FK beds split into two. It made moving around easier.

As far as the table, the 139FK only had the tiny table at the back, so we pack Lifetime tables and eat/cook outside. The sleeping was much easier this time because we could each get up without having to crawl over each other. Plus not having the giant bed made it easier to get dressed and use the tiny bathroom.

I personally do not mind the width of the tiny bathroom, I just wished it was taller so I can stand up inside. Pretty much my only gripe about the 139FK.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #19

When decided to upgrade from a tent to a camper/toy hauler ... at a state fair display checked out a 19' unit. No way in hell that would do...far to tiny.
Lots of searching on the net ... opted for the 30 foot camper and it fits our needs/wants perfectly.
Not a chance would opt for anything smaller. Then again, everyone has their own preferences so whatever works.
Have fun!
Old 09-17-2020, 02:58 PM   #20
APD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerofall View Post
We decided to keep our 139FK beds split into two. It made moving around easier.

As far as the table, the 139FK only had the tiny table at the back, so we pack Lifetime tables and eat/cook outside. The sleeping was much easier this time because we could each get up without having to crawl over each other. Plus not having the giant bed made it easier to get dressed and use the tiny bathroom.

I personally do not mind the width of the tiny bathroom, I just wished it was taller so I can stand up inside. Pretty much my only gripe about the 139FK.
That's the way we use ours. We have a bigger table in the rear that serves as our shared nightstand (it covers a small storage area enclosed under it) and a small folding table we use for meals, card playing or computer. It's nice to get up without disturbing the boss.
The bath in the FK is smaller than the rear bath units (or seems that way) because of the curve in the front wall. The waste connection being up front lets us back deep into the campsites and still hook up with a short hose.
We like the small spaces. Started out camping in a 56 Chevy panel truck back in the teenage days. AH, the memories....

1994 GMC Camper Van,